Well here ya go, trigger pulled

BennyAces

Hey All!!

Trigger Pulled, and I am now the OWNER of an '03 TJ!!!!!! Let the awesomeness begi-... wait ... "Check Engine Light" , why is that on now?? THERES WATER IN THE PASSENGER FLOORBOARD???!?!??!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOooooooo.....
105478015_2769424019957294_7988795063088357821_n.jpg

Welcome to the club!

Scan it with an OBDII scanner and see what code it's throwing.

I am definitely not gonna Taste whatever the liquid is, but it does not have a smell or odor. Other than smelling like the carpet, which the previous owner definitely travelled with a dog. I couldn't find traces of water anywhere except near the door. I do not think there is an AC leak. The weather stripping along the door has a couple tears, and base of door was wet along the carpet. I am thinking to use electrical tape on the tears until I can get the right stripping comes in to replace it.

Follow up, since I will be pulling up the carpet, what is a good quality Liner...? I've always wanted to use FlexSeal because the guy in the commercials is so commited to making Flexseal Boats!

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I used Monstaliner on mine. Worked great, no regrets. Very easy to apply, just make sure you follow the directions.

My 97 had a problem with the drain for the AC evaporator leaking back into the passenger compartment, causing puddles on the passenger side floor. The problem is that the drain tube is barely long enough to stick out of the firewall, so the water runs back into the cab. If you stick a length of heater hose on the tube and route it down by the frame it will cause the water to drain properly.

Welcome to Jeep ownership! OBDII scan tools that hook up to your phone are cheap, you can also get it read at any auto parts store. I'm also in Jacksonville and could read the code if you want.

As far as liquid, mine does that too if I'm running the AC on longer drives. In mine nothing is leaking or clogged, its just condensation from the cold vent tubes.

Reactions: jeepins
Don't worry, my Jeep will only be silver for a few more weeks! :)

Found the leak, and it is the seal/weather strip at the top of the Windshield and Door corner. I read through a previous thread here of someone using a Silicone Adhesive to try and fill the leak. Will google up some videos, and take a look. May also just go ahead and switch to soft top, which I was gona do anyway. But if I need to replace the windshield seal/stripping soft top wont matter.

Reactions: jeepins