Well known vendor question (Savvy wait times)

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Anyone know what's up with Savvy Off Road? Ordered a front bumper, fairlead mount and winch hoop 5 or 6 weeks ago. They happily took my money. So far, no communication unless I call them, and no parts. No straight answers on when I'll get the parts.

Called today, no answer. Sent an e-mail, no response. Are they going out of business?

Anyone know what's up with Savvy Off Road? Ordered a front bumper, fairlead mount and winch hoop 5 or 6 weeks ago. They happily took my money. So far, no communication unless I call them, and no parts. No straight answers on when I'll get the parts.

Called today, no answer. Sent an e-mail, no response. Are they going out of business?

I think the bigger TJ parts (bumpers, armor ..) are made in batches, so if you order when they are backordered it will take a while depending on how far they are out from getting them in stock.

My front bumper took ~9 weeks last year. But they did deliver. Next time you order from them, make sure the part is available to ship before you place the order.

Reactions: StG58
TJ's are also nearly 15 model years out of production. Companies are phasing out support for us and in lieu of the newer platforms. Volume for TJ parts demand is dropping no doubt. We are not the priority.

I think the bigger TJ parts (bumpers, armor ..) are made in batches, so if you order when they are backordered it will take a while depending on how far they are out from getting them in stock.

My front bumper took ~9 weeks last year. But they did deliver. Next time you order from them, make sure the part is available to ship before you place the order.
Ya, I ordered online, with out calling first. Didn't say back ordered on the sight or when I ordered, so I assumed all the bits were in stock. My bad.

I wonder if I can cancel the order and reorder from UCF. At least they communicate. Even though they are almost strictly a build to order shop, it doesn't take them five or six weeks to get something built and shipped.

Reactions: psrivats and Starrs
Hang in there. It took 6 weeks to ship out my springs, then i ordered the shifter cable and it showed up in 2 days. I'm sure they are waiting on it to ship it out

Holy Jesus, he's alive! 😲

Savvy is notorious for super long wait times. They have very few people working there and a lot of orders.

Reactions: Squatch and StG58
They are definitely still shipping things they have, I ordered an engine skid last Monday and it got here today. Usually my waits are anywhere from a week to 4-5 weeks. If they have to fab any of the parts of the bumper, since it's a few add ons, maybe that's an added delay?

Ya, I ordered online, with out calling first. Didn't say back ordered on the sight or when I ordered, so I assumed all the bits were in stock. My bad.

I wonder if I can cancel the order and reorder from UCF. At least they communicate. Even though they are almost strictly a build to order shop, it doesn't take them five or six weeks to get something built and shipped.

If you are not in a rush, just wait and avoid the hassle. The bumper is really good and you'll be happy when you get it. UCF makes a very good product too, so you don't go wrong if you choose to go that way.

Ordered tub sliders on backorder. I try to forget about them till they surprise me. Now the midarm that was painful emailed and begged on Facebook 6 weeks wait total for the brackets.

Ordered mid Arm April 29. It arrived this week on June 15 and 16 ( 4 boxes).

It’s a long wait , for sure. But damn these are quality parts!

Still no parts.

It doesn't matter how good the parts are at some point. They've happily taken my money. I unhappily don't have my parts or any communication via email or phone.

Don't advertise parts you can't or won't sell. At least, stop taking orders for them. Don't take money for parts you have no intention of shipping. This is basic business, for Pete's sake. The small shop excuse is a cop out, not a reason.

Still no parts.

It doesn't matter how good the parts are at some point. They've happily taken my money. I unhappily don't have my parts or any communication via email or phone.

Don't advertise parts you can't or won't sell. At least, stop taking orders for them. Don't take money for parts you have no intention of shipping. This is basic business, for Pete's sake. The small shop excuse is a cop out, not a reason.

Have you called? Call Katie. I found that very early in the morning or right at midday was the most likely time to reach her. I also emailed her every week.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Still no parts.

I'd be pretty frustrated after 7-8 weeks also. Unfortunately, you may need to call once an hour open to close tomorrow and hope they pick up. Though I had good luck emailing Katie through the website.

I waited 9 weeks on my midarm, IIRC in 2019. Called a bunch of times. They never knew when the parts would show up. It was a terrible wait but the parts are soooo good. It's the only thing that keeps TJ owners coming back. I think I'm on week 3 for tub sliders but doesn't matter as it's not a critical item. The midarm kit was super critical tho I had already torn my rig down and it was sitting in jackstands waiting.

I called and talked to Katie.. she said 4-6 weeks was her estimate. I've been waiting 4 weeks so far. She indicated their manufacturer was behind due to COVID.

I was hoping to get all my parts before I went wheeling again.

BTW - I'm in the same boat with Q-Tec.

If that's what you want to do, then do it.

No one on the forum is going to make the parts you ordered magically get re stocked.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and L J