Well, that was not how I wanted my Friday evening to go... nor my first post to this forum.

I’m sorry you had to experience this but glad it wasn’t worse. I hope youre able to fix up your tj.

Reactions: Spaztrick
Glad to see you are OK. I had to lock mine up last week when a women did not acknowledge she had a stop sign. I doubt it will be a total but if they do, I would buy it back. It is a PNW no rust frame with a cool color and needs to stay on the road! Although I am biased on the color.

Well, it's been a week and I have neither a police report, nor an estimate of the damage to my vehicle. With a week to reflect upon what happened, I am pretty sure (contrary to witness accounts the firefighters told me about on the scene) the Jeep only rolled 3/4, not 1 3/4. There is literally zero damage on the drivers side until you look at the sound pod, where there is a little scuff, and then the roll bar cover is torn, etc. My main concern at this point is the rear axle on the passenger side. It was hard to get a good photo of it in the impound lot, due to cramped space, but if you look closely, you can definitely see that wheel is not straight. I guess I wait through the weekend and see what the powers that be have to say on Monday. I sure don't know what is taking the officer so long to release an accident report, but I guess they're a busy lot here in Renton. Oh, and I am feeling fairly well aside from a nasty scrape on my shin. A little sore, but no worse for wear. Thanks again to all for the well wishes.
20180730_082125.jpg
20180730_082134.jpg
20180730_082239.jpg
20180730_082251.jpg
20180730_082455.jpg

Sorry to see what was a week ago your pride and joy, now stuffed into a corner of an impound lot full of wrecked cars...I hope all gets moving forward asap...good luck with the insurance process.

That really sucks man. I thought I had a bad day bc some dude with a RAV4 and I backed into each other in the WalMart parking lot. I prob took about $300-400 worth of damage. I had my fold up rack on the hitch which took most of it, but the bottom corner of the rack crushed my lic plate holder and dented the corner panel. RAV4 lost his whole hatch-back/bumper and rear wiper assembly. Prob a couple thousand in damage. No idea what will happen with insurance. We were both moving and neither saw the other....

If my Jeep was sitting open in a impound lot I would be on phone tasing hell. If she pulled into your lane she was probably ticked at scene Contact her insurance tell them your medical issues and no ride for over a week get them fired up
I have Progressive insurance and they towed my Jeep to their yard sometime around Thursday and when I called Friday, they indicated the inspection was scheduled for that day. I have another rig to drive, so I'm not worried about a rental. I'll see what happens Monday and then pull out the whoop-ass then, if needed.

I have Progressive insurance and they towed my Jeep to their yard sometime around Thursday and when I called Friday, they indicated the inspection was scheduled for that day. I have another rig to drive, so I'm not worried about a rental. I'll see what happens Monday and then pull out the whoop-ass then, if needed.

When I totaled my car with Allstate in the snow a few years ago it took a month to get through the process, it was winter and I guess lots of claims, but maybe most annoying is when my car was in the Allstate lot and they said they couldn’t assess it because it was covered in snow. But good luck hopefully things go smoothly and you can have your Jeep back! Love the color, looking for a LJR in that color myself.

Went through a similar experience with my last Jeep. Trailer made a left in front of me. The best thing to know is all your physical items can be replaced, you life and health can't. Glad you're okay!

When I totaled my car with Allstate in the snow a few years ago it took a month to get through the process, it was winter and I guess lots of claims, but maybe most annoying is when my car was in the Allstate lot and they said they couldn’t assess it because it was covered in snow. But good luck hopefully things go smoothly and you can have your Jeep back! Love the color, looking for a LJR in that color myself.
Truth be told, I've never been a fan of orange. I'm a Born and Bred Seattleite, and a hard core Seahawks fan (if you couldn't tell by the license plate), and was raised hating the Denver Broncos, which compounded my dislike for orange, LOL!! But the day I stumbled upon my TJ I realized that this shade was not Bronco orange, but rather Harley Davidson orange, and that was enough to justify buying her for me!! :eek:le:

Dollar wise it is probably totaled, repair wise it probably is not. I'll wager most people here have put more into parts than the book value of their rig. I hope you come out okay with the police report. Did anyone supply a statement supporting your assertion she pulled in front of you? Without that, often the geography of the impacts is what the police go by. Either way, you are okay and your only issues are mechanical, which means you are in good company here. Everyone has a broken Jeep occasionally. Shake it off like that Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Tis but a scratch.

Dollar wise it is probably totaled, repair wise it probably is not. I'll wager most people here have put more into parts than the book value of their rig. I hope you come out okay with the police report. Did anyone supply a statement supporting your assertion she pulled in front of you? Without that, often the geography of the impacts is what the police go by. Either way, you are okay and your only issues are mechanical, which means you are in good company here. Everyone has a broken Jeep occasionally. Shake it off like that Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Tis but a scratch.

After seeing more of your pics.. i'm thinking it was probably good you didn't have one of those IF YOU CAN READ THIS, ROLL ME OVER decals on your windshield. You'd probably end up being internet meme of the week. Really hoping you come out of this ok. I had an orange Ford F100 in college and was rear-ended by a girl doing 50 on a wet road. Bad accident.. only lap belts and my face hit the steering wheel pretty hard. I remember having to go to the impound lot to get my school books out the next day and seeing my smashed truck sitting in there was sad but smelling the dried blood once I opened the door was much worse.