Well, that was not how I wanted my Friday evening to go... nor my first post to this forum.

Very glad I could help @Spaztrick. You acted on it fast and got yourself a good TJR. You totally deserve the upgrade after what happened to your orange TJ. Now make this Jeep yours!!

Reactions: Spaztrick
Well, it's been 3+ weeks since my rollover and I am so very happy to report that I am doing great. Still a little sore in the ribs when I sneeze and still dealing with that nasty scrape on my left shin, but mostly healed. Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words. It is now that I have the pleasure of announcing that I have found and acquired what could arguably be one of the cleanest '04 Rubicon's in the U.S. Actually, @psrivats found it, and I will be eternally grateful for the heads up, 4 hours after the ad was posted. I am the luckiest guy alive, and I really should have bought a lotto ticket. Enough of my opinion, see for yourself.View attachment 52457 View attachment 52458 View attachment 52459 View attachment 52460 View attachment 52461 View attachment 52462 View attachment 52463 View attachment 52464 View attachment 52465 View attachment 52466 View attachment 52467 The original CL ad has been pulled down, but here it is in a nutshell:

"2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4.0 6cyl. 5spd with 67,000 miles. Air, Tilt, Cruise. Dana 44 axles-front and rear selectable lockers. New Pioneer CD Stereo with Blue Tooth. Just changed this month with new center console Sub. Original working stereo goes with. I am the second owner since 2012. Original window sticker laminated with name of 1st owner! Factory VHS Tape for operating tips converted to CD. Maintenance history with records since 2004. Jeep has never been off road or mudded. All fluids have been flushed, cooling system, transfer case, transmission, Differentials. Tune-ups do at 30 and 60k. Bilstein shocks at 50k. Both Hard top and Soft tops. Hard top was first off in 2016 form 10wks. At that time the original soft top was taken out of there boxes and installed. You will not find another original soft in new condition like this one. Back in the house and in new condition. Only other after market piece is a Banks cat back exhaust. Not one scratch or dent underneath. Seat covers on all seats and rubber floor mates over original mats. Extras, $16,900"

I was the second person the owner contacted, and the first guy balked at the price and suggested the owner come down because of the 6 year old, 40K miles on the tires that "would need to be replaced soon and cost at least $1000". The seller declined to negotiate the price, and the perspective buyer told him he'd have to think about it and would call him later. The seller said, "OK, see ya" and called me. "You're up!", he told me. I told him I'd be there in 3 hours, as I am in Seattle and this vehicle was some 180 miles south in Vancouver, WA. Needless to say, after a serious drool-fest and great test drive, I told him I'd have the cash first thing Monday morning. I stayed the night in a local motel and MIGHT have slept 2-3 hours, TOPS!! After a complete fiasco at the credit union, I was able to pull off a miracle and drive her home. I've already got the GraBars on order, and a couple of other items too!!! So, as a die hard Seahawks fan, I am over the moon with the deep, dark blue and am not even a bit concerned that it is called "Patriot Blue"!!
And they all lived happily ever after!!
P.S. I don't have photos of the interior yet, but believe me when I tell you, it is immaculate!!
View attachment 52475
Woohoo! Congrats and glad you too are on the mend...Great find, Great color, Great Rubi!

verb
verb: impact; 3rd person present: impacts; past tense: impacted; past participle: impacted; gerund or present participle: impacting
imˈpakt/
come into forcible contact with another object.
"the shell impacted twenty yards away"
synonyms: crash into, smash into, collide with, hit, strike, ram, smack into, bang into, slam into
"a comet impacted the earth sixty million years ago"

@Squatch , That whole concept was definitely not lost on me!!
Well, in your time of trouble, I'm glad to see you saw the irony/humor in it. :)

Dang. That was deep. You some kind of philosopher, Kiwi? o_O ;)

Yes I'm an incredibly deep and thoughtful person...…:risas3:

Or maybe it was this book I sat on ?
dummies.jpg

Well, it's been 3+ weeks since my rollover and I am so very happy to report that I am doing great. Still a little sore in the ribs when I sneeze and still dealing with that nasty scrape on my left shin, but mostly healed. Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words. It is now that I have the pleasure of announcing that I have found and acquired what could arguably be one of the cleanest '04 Rubicon's in the U.S. Actually, @psrivats found it, and I will be eternally grateful for the heads up, 4 hours after the ad was posted. I am the luckiest guy alive, and I really should have bought a lotto ticket. Enough of my opinion, see for yourself.View attachment 52457 View attachment 52458 View attachment 52459 View attachment 52460 View attachment 52461 View attachment 52462 View attachment 52463 View attachment 52464 View attachment 52465 View attachment 52466 View attachment 52467 The original CL ad has been pulled down, but here it is in a nutshell:

"2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4.0 6cyl. 5spd with 67,000 miles. Air, Tilt, Cruise. Dana 44 axles-front and rear selectable lockers. New Pioneer CD Stereo with Blue Tooth. Just changed this month with new center console Sub. Original working stereo goes with. I am the second owner since 2012. Original window sticker laminated with name of 1st owner! Factory VHS Tape for operating tips converted to CD. Maintenance history with records since 2004. Jeep has never been off road or mudded. All fluids have been flushed, cooling system, transfer case, transmission, Differentials. Tune-ups do at 30 and 60k. Bilstein shocks at 50k. Both Hard top and Soft tops. Hard top was first off in 2016 form 10wks. At that time the original soft top was taken out of there boxes and installed. You will not find another original soft in new condition like this one. Back in the house and in new condition. Only other after market piece is a Banks cat back exhaust. Not one scratch or dent underneath. Seat covers on all seats and rubber floor mates over original mats. Extras, $16,900"

I was the second person the owner contacted, and the first guy balked at the price and suggested the owner come down because of the 6 year old, 40K miles on the tires that "would need to be replaced soon and cost at least $1000". The seller declined to negotiate the price, and the perspective buyer told him he'd have to think about it and would call him later. The seller said, "OK, see ya" and called me. "You're up!", he told me. I told him I'd be there in 3 hours, as I am in Seattle and this vehicle was some 180 miles south in Vancouver, WA. Needless to say, after a serious drool-fest and great test drive, I told him I'd have the cash first thing Monday morning. I stayed the night in a local motel and MIGHT have slept 2-3 hours, TOPS!! After a complete fiasco at the credit union, I was able to pull off a miracle and drive her home. I've already got the GraBars on order, and a couple of other items too!!! So, as a die hard Seahawks fan, I am over the moon with the deep, dark blue and am not even a bit concerned that it is called "Patriot Blue"!!
And they all lived happily ever after!!
P.S. I don't have photos of the interior yet, but believe me when I tell you, it is immaculate!!
View attachment 52475
Great find, congratulations! You deserved a break after the events of late.

Post some photos out in the sun, where that blue color comes alive...very hard to see in the shade...

Dude , you had it coming.

That Jeep is phenomenal , and well worth what you paid in my opinion , especially with the hard top.

Get well , and this story has a good moral ... when someone finds a Jeep like that for that price , negotiating isn't always a good move ...on these , it's a good idea to write the check.

Proud for ya !

I'm sure that was one helluva ride, but one you'd rather not experience again! Hope you're healing well, neighbor.
Thank you, Sir! That's the second vehicle totaled due to a rollover. The first one was my fault, don't drink and drive, kids. Coming up on 4 years sober on Christmas. Nobody else was hurt, thank GOD, just me and my poor little Datsun 200SX. I'm done with these 'helluva' ride's. Maybe a premonition, but pop's used to say, "Keep the rubber side down." I'll be trying even harder, now.
Datsun 200SX.jpg

Reactions: Squatch