Well, ya'll got me today

Bird

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ya'll got me for a couple of hours.

Because of my utmost respect for the members of this forum and the advice given......I spent my afternoon realigning the front end of Jeep.

I read on this site to do it once per year......well, accurate measurements showed it never moved from 1 year ago.

I could have watched a Whoopi goldberg debate instead of busting knuckles in the garage.

No Christmas cards this year 😁

20191217_145143.jpg

Because of my utmost respect for the members of this forum and the advice given......I spent my afternoon realigning the front end of Jeep.

I read on this site to do it once per year......well, accurate measurements showed it never moved from 1 year ago.

I could have watched a Whoopi goldberg debate instead of busting knuckles in the garage.

No Christmas cards this year 😁View attachment 129727
Without nuts holding the rotor tight to the unitbearing flange, you have no way of knowing if the measurements are accurate.

If you install new components, lifts, replace stuff well then you need to (should) do an alignment. Unless you're an idiot in my opinion.
There are lots of reasons to do an alignment without waiting for your tires being all fucked up to tell you that you should. Springs sag, steering wheel moves off center. New parts, tag the draglink and remove some bend. If someone hasn't done that in 40 years, that should tell you something.

There are lots of reasons to do an alignment without waiting for your tires being all fucked up to tell you that you should. Springs sag, steering wheel moves off center. New parts, tag the draglink and remove some bend. If someone hasn't done that in 40 years, that should tell you something.
Yep all that too.

Reactions: Blondie70
I hate to admit it, but I find the 2 straightest 2x4s I have I duct tape them to the tires and make my adjustments. I've been aligning my vehicles that way for over 30 years and haven't ruined a front tire yet or had a vehicle that didn't go perfectly straight down the road.

Reactions: TJ Starting

No Christmas cards this year 😁View attachment 129727
Whoopi Goldberg is the most annoying woman on the planet, so the forum did you a favor

I hate to admit it, but I find the 2 straightest 2x4s I have I duct tape them to the tires and make my adjustments. I've been aligning my vehicles that way for over 30 years and haven't ruined a front tire yet or had a vehicle that didn't go perfectly straight down the road.
I don’t even do that.
I lift the axle high enough for the tire to spin freely, thread a 3/8 long wood screw into a tire sipe on each tire, rotate the tires until the screws both face forward and take a measurement from screw to screw, rotate the tires 180 degrees and take a measurement and compare. When you're finished making any adjustments remove the screws and you’re done.

I don’t even do that.
I lift the axle high enough for the tire to spin freely, thread a 3/8 long wood screw into a tire sipe on each tire, rotate the tires until the screws both face forward and take a measurement from screw to screw, rotate the tires 180 degrees and take a measurement and compare. When you're finished making any adjustments remove the screws and you’re done.
Pretty sharp, I'm trying to think of any limitations to that idea , and I can't. I love the fact you can hang a tape on them and go solo.