Wera Joker Adjustable wrenches

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
A guy in my 4x4 club picked this set up off amazon recently.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H23RZKV/?tag=wranglerorg-20
He brought them to our last meeting, and I put hands on them. They seem nice, and the way the pivot works, you will pinch the nut harder, the harder you pull on it. Wera makes good stuff (at least, their screwdrivers are). To me, they look like a great alternative to hauling around a full set of Std and Metric wrenches. The four sizes in the kit go from 1/4" up to 3/4" (6mm to 19mm). SInce I wasn't able to actually put them on a fastener, I'm leary of dropping 150 bucks on a set (and lets be real, its probably going to be 300 because I have the motorhome AND the Jeep - both have toolkits). Anyone have experience with them?

91pHmxz7rQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: BlueC
Removing a hex headed bolt or nut would be better served with a box end wrench or socket so you're applying force to six faces versus two. Another factor is having room for the adjustable spanner head in tight locations.
I have some Wera tools and they are superb quality and very tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Jim
Removing a hex headed bolt or nut would be better served with a box end wrench or socket so you're applying force to six faces versus two. Another factor is having room for the adjustable spanner head in tight locations.
I have some Wera tools and they are superb quality and very tough.

Not thinking of these to be primary wrenches. I understand I'd be better served with a full box wrench. I'm thinking of trail repair "emergency" use to lighten my loadout.

Not thinking of these to be primary wrenches. I understand I'd be better served with a full box wrench. I'm thinking of trail repair "emergency" use to lighten my loadout.

Being conscious about your travel gear is a good thing as long as you don't short change yourself when it's the difference of getting home or not. Combo wrenches roll up in a bag and take minimal room.
How would the Wera spanner wrenches work on something like a U-Joint strap?
They are great tools but the Jeep application might not be the area where they shine.

Being conscious about your travel gear is a good thing as long as you don't short change yourself when it's the difference of getting home or not. Combo wrenches roll up in a bag and take minimal room.
How would the Wera spanner wrenches work on something like a U-Joint strap?
They are great tools but the Jeep application might not be the area where they shine.

Not trying to be argumentative here. I probably wasn’t clear in my original post. I also carry a full set of sockets. I would not use a wrench on a u joint anyway. It’s a 5/16 or 8mm socket.

Where these are useful is how I use my wrenches. 90% of the time, it’s used to back up and hold a nut while I’m running the stubby impact on the other side. Adjustable wrenches are fine for this duty, but I hate using them to actually apply torque. The weras may be able to apply more torque without rounding bolts off. For that maybe 10% of the time I would need to default to an adjustable wrench, I feel these would work better

Not looking for “best,”. But I’m looking for will it suffice to get me home with less chance of failure. I know it’s “best” to carry a full set of wrenches.

Hold the back nut is a good idea. Now I gotta go back to Lowe’s and rethink the purchase! Hmmmmmm? I love tools

Not trying to be argumentative here. I probably wasn’t clear in my original post. I also carry a full set of sockets. I would not use a wrench on a u joint anyway. It’s a 5/16 or 8mm socket.

Where these are useful is how I use my wrenches. 90% of the time, it’s used to back up and hold a nut while I’m running the stubby impact on the other side. Adjustable wrenches are fine for this duty, but I hate using them to actually apply torque. The weras may be able to apply more torque without rounding bolts off. For that maybe 10% of the time I would need to default to an adjustable wrench, I feel these would work better

Not looking for “best,”. But I’m looking for will it suffice to get me home with less chance of failure. I know it’s “best” to carry a full set of wrenches.

Gotcha. Give them a try, they just might work for what you need. I really like Wera tools and it's only money. :)

Look like something I'd like to try but the animation shows a huge handle swing to get it to tighten, which would make it unusable in tight spots.