We're all going to die

89grand

TJ Addict
Whatever vehicle you own will have a catastrophic failure, according to the internet. My 06 Magnum R/T Hemi was supposed to drop valve seats and destroy the engine, over 12 years after the purchase, mine hasn't. Not to mention needing numerous transmissions, at least according to morons that thought the car had a trans from K car, instead of the stout Nag1 Mercedes unit it actually has.

My 2000 Wrangler should have had a cracked head, and major engine damage. 11 years later, mine hasn't cracked.

Now my new Ram Hemi should have cracked exhaust manifold bolts, and probably a wiped out cam and lifter.

Yeah, whatever.

Yeah, automotive forums rarely contain posts about how awesome cars are. They're mostly echo chambers for problems. According to some Lexus & offroad baords the KDSS suspension on my wife's GX460 is going to blow out and result in a permanent 30 degree list to one side, the only remedy being a rebuild of the system to the tune of $4k or something nuts.

Yeah, automotive forums rarely contain posts about how awesome cars are. They're mostly echo chambers for problems. According to some Lexus & offroad baords the KDSS suspension on my wife's GX460 is going to blow out and result in a permanent 30 degree list to one side, the only remedy being a rebuild of the system to the tune of $4k or something nuts.
It's always the same ole shit. Vocal minority repeating the same butthurt over and over. Very similar to the 42RLE in the TJ. Yeah, not the greatest trans ever but most assuredly not the flaming piece of mechanical poo the internet makes it out to be.

Does replacement of the coolant system on a TJ fall into this category of must do or you will have problems?

Every year it seems Consumer Reports just tears up Wranglers.. at least they did to TJs. It’s what made me not give a crap about Consumer Reports anymore after I bought mine.

On a somewhat related note, I looked up changing spark plugs on a 3rd gen Ram w/ 5.7L. Read a bunch of hysteria about the two rear most banks on the driver side being a total PITA, and changing all 16 plugs was a 3-4 hr job, and pro mechanic might be a wise decision. B.S. Drop spark plug socket in to the well, attach 3" 3/8-drive extension, attach 3/8-1/4" reducer, remove plugs. I had to disconnect the extension from the socket, beneath the master cylinder, to get the plug out, but damn that was an easy job. Installed 16 new plugs and 8 new coil packs in 90min... including wire wheeling and painting the 16 coil pack retaining screws.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I did get monkey chatter. That shit’s for real.

Other than that, no other nuclear meltdowns of the drivetrain