TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Were factory leather seats ever offered in the TJ?

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Have noticed this a few times . . . . leather seats in the TJ. Nothing is mentioned in the sales brochures. Currently looking at a very basic '06 'SE' model TJ. Beautiful leather seats that appear to be OEM. Anyone else know about the leather seats ?
I think they were included with the Rocky Mountain Special.
I saw one for sale in Nelson 10 years ago and yes they are beautiful seats.

edit, 10 years ago.... might have been the Apex.... but they were black

Last edited:
Reactions: Head Lice

quaywe

Supporting Member
I think they were included with the Rocky Mountain Special.
I saw one for sale in Nelson 10 years ago and yes they are beautiful seats.

edit, 10 years ago.... might have been the Apex.... but they were black
I have them on my 2003 RM edition, in black
Rear ones are in storage and its -20 C (-4 F) and getting colder outside I'll grab a quick phone photo tomorrow if possible

Reactions: Head Lice

Westbrook

Love my Apex edition seats, they're definitely not real leather but mud and dust clean off of them just as easily. The colour is awesome and I they feel like they are little more "bolstery" than some other TJ seats. If I had to buy a newer Wrangler I'd be looking for leather for how easy it is to clean.

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I have them on my 2003 RM edition, in black
Rear ones are in storage and its -20 C (-4 F) and getting colder outside I'll grab a quick phone photo tomorrow if possible
I have an '03 Rocky Mountain Edition too. It's silver and came with black vinyl seats. Unfortunately the driver's seat was badly worn in the usual spot. The passenger's side and the rear seat were both great. I replaced the front seats with black leather ones from a Hyundai Tiburon but I still have the rear seat.

Hopefully this saves you from freezing your butt off! 😊

DSC_0015.JPG

burghermike

I have an '03 Rocky Mountain Edition too. It's silver and came with black vinyl seats. Unfortunately the driver's seat was badly worn in the usual spot. The passenger's side and the rear seat were both great. I replaced the front seats with black leather ones from a Hyundai Tiburon but I still have the rear seat.

Hopefully this saves you from freezing your butt off! 😊

View attachment 134207
I also have some hyundai seats to replace in my LJ. Sporty, comfy low back and heated. I still have to make the brackets to attach them. Have any pics to see what they look like? I created a thread about seat covers and got all kinds of good responses.

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I also have some hyundai seats to replace in my LJ. Sporty, comfy low back and heated. I still have to make the brackets to attach them. Have any pics to see what they look like? I created a thread about seat covers and got all kinds of good responses.
You're going to like those seats. (y) Interesting that you found seats with heaters. I looked for quite a while but didn't have any luck. I ended up installing Dorman heater kits and that worked out well.

Here's a thread I started a few years ago to show how I did it. Others have done the same or something similar.

burghermike

You're going to like those seats. (y) Interesting that you found seats with heaters. I looked for quite a while but didn't have any luck. I ended up installing Dorman heater kits and that worked out well.

Here's a thread I started a few years ago to show how I did it. Others have done the same or something similar.

Thank you so much. I’ll have a look. I did find it difficult to pull the trigger on $600 suspension seats like PRP as much as I like them. I used to have a set of corbeau suspension and the driver fatigue is minimized. Suspension seats are awesome.