Were there any later model TJ that came with power windows?

Rook

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Like the title says, were there any later model TJ that came with power windows?

Yep, x2 to what Jerry said. Never available on the TJ, and quite frankly it makes sense since I personally see no need for them on a 2 door vehicle the size of the TJ.

Yep, x2 to what Jerry said. Never available on the TJ, and quite frankly it makes sense since I personally see no need for them on a 2 door vehicle the size of the TJ.

You have doors.... windows too? Damn! Some people have all the luck. No need for power windows. If I am rolling the windows down more than a few inches, the doors are coming off.

You have doors.... windows too? Damn! Some people have all the luck. No need for power windows. If I am rolling the windows down more than a few inches, the doors are coming off.

Up here in Oregon it's nice to have full doors in the Winter when it rains like no tomorrow (it's flooding as we speak). I never roll them down though. The doors and top come off first sign of Summer.

I saw that you were getting pounded harder than square peg.

Yep, it's definitely needed rain. I'm betting after this week there are a TON of flood damage insurance claims.

The JK added power windows and it has been downhill ever since

CJ could be left outside year round without a top.
The YJ was almost as bulletproof.
A TJ added adds a fancy radio.
But the JK/JKU?
Even a mist can cause shot circuits.

It is a blast going to Alberta Jeep Events and watch the JK/JKU fraternity run around when it rains. Alberta invented cloud bursts.

Reactions: Chris
The JK added power windows and it has been downhill ever since

CJ could be left outside year round without a top.
The YJ was almost as bulletproof.
A TJ added adds a fancy radio.
But the JK/JKU?
Even a mist can cause shot circuits.

Too many damn electronics and computers on the JK!

Where would the power window button be if you take off the door? Lol

I don't know, how does it work on the new JK's?

I've never ridden in a JK, but I would assume that to remove the doors there's an electronic plug where you can just unplug them and then remove them. Of course the doors must be heavier if they have power windows.