West Coast Girl in Virginia

Nixx

Hey Y'all.
Former SoCal surfer-girl and PNW explorer living in Virginia for a spell. I sorta got stuck here because aging parents. Long story.

I've owned 2 Jeeps over the past 20 years. Both black and Tan Saharas. My current baby is my 2002 that I am now in the process of restoring and upgrading. Albeit very slowly. She has over 6000 miles off-roar. Most of it in Baja Mexico, Arizona and Southern California. I mostly trail ride, nothing to challenging since I am most often out on my own exploring. I need to find some places in Virginia to explore. I miss being off-road.

I just want to thank a bunch of folks on here. I have been lurking for quite a while and found the discussions on BlackMagic Brakes too compelling to pass up. Today I finally ordered a BMB Kit for the front. I do ALL my own mechanical work on the Jeep. I done growed up in the south where a girl can either be a debutante or self-sufficient, beer-drank'n, auto-racing nut-job. I chose the later. :) I grew up fixing all my cars myself thanks to my neighbor who was a race car driver and my best guy friend who was muscle car fanatic and awesome mechanic. I even raced Autocross for a while. But my days of speed are long gone and have been greatly surpassed by my love of hitting the trail and the roads less traveled.

Cheers,
Nixx

2014-07-26 11.54.09.jpg

Welcome to what was once a great state to be free in. Hopefully we can hold onto our heritage before it gets wiped clear of freedom and becomes the southern district on Maryland or east Commieforia.

Reactions: reddvltj and matkal
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Love that photo, and well done on the BMB purchase, definitely the best you can get for brakes.

Reactions: Nixx
I need to find some places in Virginia to explore. I miss being off-road.

View attachment 124173
I can't help but notice you're in my neighborhood at Cape Kiwanda ;). I've been all over the East Coast and now am in the PNW. Think you'll make it back out west sometime or you planning on staying east coast for a while?

I've been on the (Peters Mill Run) in the George Washington National Forest over there in VA before. That is a Badge of Honor trail that may not be too far from you that is worth checking out!

Think you'll make it back out west sometime or you planning on staying east coast for a while?

I've been on the (Peters Mill Run) in the George Washington National Forest over there in VA before. That is a Badge of Honor trail that may not be too far from you that is worth checking out!

I will most definitely be returning to the PNW. That is my home. There really is no place like it for me. And thanks, I will look into Peters Mill Run as soon as I get all the necessities fixed.
Cheers!

Reactions: EJD
Welcome from NoVa. Flagpole knob outside of Harrisonburg is pretty tame, but fun trail. There is also Potts Mountain down near Roanoke that is supposed to be pretty fun. I go to Rausch Creek in Pa as well as Chaos Off-road park and the Cove. Both outside of Winchester.

Jeep owner, Auto-cross racer, Surfer and a Mechanic..:love: are you single ? hahaha

Seriously though welcome to the forum from NZ. Looking forward to seeing pics of you exploring.

Welcome from back home in the PNW, our new home. Just moved here from TX, and while we loved TX, we love this more so far. Best to you finding some trails nearby.