"WET" Coast wheelin

LieutenantJohnson

TJ Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
Headed out with the gang for a rip in the rocks/mud. Typical Wet coast day here in BC. First time in the rocks with Tons and 40s. Need deeper gearing for sure. Next on the list.

Was great to get out!

Screenshot_20210613-091512_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-091556_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-091654_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-091614_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-090543_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-090658_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-090715_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-090759_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-090929_Gallery.jpg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1868.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_20210606_173210_276.jpg

IMG_20210606_173210_243.jpg

IMG_20210606_173210_195.jpg

IMG_20210606_173210_354.jpg

20210605_121251.jpg

20210605_124309.jpg

20210605_124247.jpg

Awesome pictures and love the scenery but it's what makes the PNW such a great place. Anyone who's scared of mud need not apply...

Why are your headlights flashing?

Reactions: B00mb00m
Do you wheel with the 4low guys? Looks like it, that scenery is very similar to the vids I have seen previously. Nice pics, Looks like a great spot.

Yeah I have been wheeling with a couple those guys lately. Just this year..

This trail is called "Fuct" located in Mission BC... been wheeling it for past 12 years. Changes every season

Last edited:
You had great traction IMO, what tires you running? Surprised to see a trail through a creek that is like super frowned upon down here.

Reactions: LieutenantJohnson
You had great traction IMO, what tires you running? Surprised to see a trail through a creek that is like super frowned upon down here.
Running 40x13.5x17 Pro Comp MT2s. They have been great to me so far, even in snow @ 5psi. Especially for the cost for 40s. On this day I was @ 8psi

I really love the width on the tires compared to my last 36s. I am regearing to 5.38s very soon, so should be a lot smoother, like my last setup. I ran out of budget money at the end of my build, the warden stopped me lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman

So this isn't actually a "creek" so to speak. It is a trail named "Fuct". Has a lower and upper part. Upper is fun. It is just a run off trail in extreme water events, which happens often up here lol

With that being said, in Canada we don't have ORV parks, we can wheel anywhere on Crown land for free. Just respect sensitive habits/areas. We are lucky in that way

I hope so! Usually bring the BBQ for a lunch on the trail
Count me in. Wonder if its a hassle bringing a wheeler across the border on a trailer?

It is a trail named "Fuct".
Ahhh so it's one of them French-Canadian trails then eh?
With that being said, in Canada we don't have ORV parks, we can wheel anywhere on Crown land for free.
Now that sounds fun! Do Canadians not dump garbage at every trail? We used to have a lot more access, still do by @Wildman, but for some reason on the westside the littering douche bags have got most public access shut down. Are you allowed to make new trails as well?

Running 40x13.5x17 Pro Comp MT2s. They have been great to me so far, even in snow @ 5psi. Especially for the cost for 40s. On this day I was @ 8psi

I really love the width on the tires compared to my last 36s. I am regearing to 5.38s very soon, so should be a lot smoother, like my last setup. I ran out of budget money at the end of my build, the warden stopped me lol
I know some people run them around here, i would say they are working great for you! Oh ya, i can imagine a V8, tons and 40s will get the warden's attention right quick. I try to do a little every month so as to not draw the un-wanted attention. LOL.

• Haha
Count me in. Wonder if its a hassle bringing a wheeler across the border on a trailer?

Ahhh so it's one of them French-Canadian trails then eh?

Now that sounds fun! Do Canadians not dump garbage at every trail? We used to have a lot more access, still do by @Wildman, but for some reason on the westside the littering douche bags have got most public access shut down. Are you allowed to make new trails as well?
No hassles with trailers come in and out, got buddies that do Walker, Naches quite often when the border was open.

Hahha french canadian! That was funny.

Of course we get the odd "bad apple" dumping garbage or abandoning vehicles. We have a really good stewardship organization up here I am involved with, Four Wheel Drive Association of BC. They advocate for our wheeling freedom and often do organized volunteer clean ups at various locations. I fought with local MLAs and worked on a petition with over 1300 signatures from the public, to keep open a lakeside Forestry Camp site with 55 sites. We won and 4WDABC took over management of it. No fees, user maintained.

I know some people run them around here, i would say they are working great for you! Oh ya, i can imagine a V8, tons and 40s will get the warden's attention right quick. I try to do a little every month so as to not draw the un-wanted attention. LOL.
Yup you know how it goes :)

Lucky I did my V8 swap last year and tons this year. We also bought a new 20ft travel trailer and had $11k in assessments on our Roof/windows for our Townhome.....this year hurt lol