What’s the going price for a TJ hardtop?

K8doyle

I’m thinking of selling my hardtop off a 2000 wrangler. I live in Maryland. What would you all say the going rate would be? Also have a softop with windows in a bag(windows are in great condition)
Thanks

There is wide disparity in the NY metro area. Some cheap, beat up ones, dirty undersides, cracks or chips, go for $300-$400.

I see nice, clean specimens going for anywhere between $500-$800.

And of course there are a good number of way overpriced units from $900- to over $1100....which to me is pretty insane.

***Edit*** My remarks may be be taken wrong. I’m not implying that you are insane if you ask over $900. I’m simply referring to what my market area will support and the tops that are priced in the middle category of $500-$800 go like hot cakes. While the low end crappy units and high end units tend to sit for a very long time.

Last edited:
I see California prices in the 1,000 to 1,300...
I have been doing some auto shopping with my son in San Diego. In person when I was there recently and over the web.

We've been comparing prices on jeeps and diesel pickups, and jeep parts, between SD, Dallas/other various midwest locales and here in the NE. We've come to realize that the prices are higher for just about everything in southern Cali, followed by NY. The midwest seems to be the most reasonbly priced markets for what he's looking for.

So those prices don't suprise me.