What’s your preference, automatic or manual transmission?

The only reason I can think of where it wouldn't have worked would be if your Bronco's torque converter wasn't full of ATF due to a leaky check valve leaking that is there to keep the torque converter full of ATF.

Yeah, I couldn't say for sure, but the tranny seemed to work fine afterward, for a few years, till I sold it.,

Would it make any difference if you had a manual or automatic transmission if you were alone when your battery or starter motor died in Baja? Nope. :)

Well, yeah, I always have a battery booster deal with me in either Jeep, but what I don't have right now, yet, is a spare starter for the auto. I can always push start the manual, but I'm not convinced the auto will, just based on my personal experience trying to bump start an auto in the past.:)

Well, yeah, I always have a battery booster deal with me in either Jeep, but what I don't have right now, yet, is a spare starter for the auto. I can always push start the manual, but I'm not convinced the auto will, just based on my personal experience trying to bump start an auto in the past.:)
You can't push start either when you're alone which is the scenario you set up that I responded to. :)

Well, if you're out with other vehicles, it's probably not a problem, but when your alone and you get stranded a time or two, you wise up and try not to make the same mistakes again, Specially down here in Baja, where it might be a pretty good walk to town or to cell phone coverage

You can't push start either when you're alone which is the scenario you set up that I responded to. :)
Well, probably not if I'm parked in a sandy wash, but on flat hard ground or on an incline, I think I could. I'll have to give the flat ground a try by myself, tonight, and I'll let you know, if I'm too old or if I can still do it. Do you want video proof or is my word good enough?:pesas:

Reactions: Thunderhead
Well, probably not if I'm parked in a sandy wash, but on flat hard ground or on an incline, I think I could. I'll have to give the flat ground a try by myself, tonight, and I'll let you know, if I'm too old or if I can still do it. Do you want video proof or is my word good enough?:pesas:

Pics or it didn’t happen right ?

Pics or it didn’t happen right ?
Well, I just push started the 97 on as flat of ground I could find and it was pretty easy. Get it going 1 or 2 mph, basically four steps, hop in put it in 2nd let out the clutch and away I went. I did do a video, but i guess you can’t load stuff here and I don’t have any of those other accounts to link to. So,try that with an automatic

Reactions: Thunderhead
I was 12 years old and some church guys were over for dinner, they went to leave and they had a dead battery. My mom jumps in the drivers seat and yells “get to pushing boys” Popped it right in gear and gets out like nothing happened

When accelerating from stop light, I'm glad I have a 5spd. When I'm trying to crawl rocks or stuck in stop and go traffic, I wish I had an auto. When my nv3550 tranny goes south, I'm hoping I can foot the bill to swap to an auto.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford