What 12V air compressor do you carry in your TJ?

ARB single mounted to the ABS tray.
20210218_132645.jpg

I just carry a portable Ryobi inflator and it is awesome. No need to connect to the battery or cigarette lighter. Just set it and forget it. I can inflate about 3 - 4 Jeeps from 15 - 28 psi on a single 4.0 ah battery charge.

I just have a cheap Viair 88P in both my TJ and my BMW. I've had the one in my BMW (daily driver) for probably 6 or 7 years now. I've used it on several vehicles, helped family/friends, etc and it has been flawless.

Reactions: Jmac00
I bought the cheap inflator from Harbor Freight to inflate some inner tubes at the river, and it has found its' way into the recovery box.
It is slow, but it works. I'll replace it when it fails; probably with another cheap one since I don't use it that often.

JNC it's a jump pack and compressor, and charging ports. Portable so it gets used on any vehicle I take if needed. It gets used more by other people then me. I use it around the house to top off all my tires on trailers etc. I aired up about 12 tires and still had charge left. It can charge by 12vdc or 120vac. I had this one for 10 years now and just bought another one for the TJ.

I am looking at this thing, but it seems kinda pricy, but it has some excellent reviews, what are you'al using to air up/down

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0141KJTKQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That is pricey for a Viair 450P. You should set up a price search at camelcamelcamel.com and buy when the price is better.

You may also want to check out the Viair 400P. It puts out more cubic feet per minute than the 450 series and the duty cycle is long enough to air up two sets of 35" tires. Best of all, it is only $235 on Amazon today, although if you set up a camelcamelcamel price alert you may get it at a better price. (I paid $172, but that was a few years ago.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9AXR8/?tag=wranglerorg-20
This link may be helpful as well:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-simple-onboard-air-for-your-tj-viair-400h.10235/

Viair 88p here as well, though I turned mine into a permanently-mounted compressor on the ABS mount, and use it to feed the rear ARB locker as well. It does take a bit longer to air up the fourth 33" once it gets properly hot, but it's nothing extreme.

I have a viair 440p I would sell if interested. I no longer have the bag. I have upgraded the battery clamps to heavy duty ones. Can PM me if you are interested.

Viair and ARB are very very old designs that don't really give you much bang for the buck anymore. They are brand favorites here but are showing their age. The 300lpm twin compressor Napa has from time to time is really the best portable now and sold under a few names. There are many recent videos comparing compressors. The SB single is a good option at a pretty good price. The others are really old news riding on brand names and old reviews. The ARB twin is still a good option but at well over twice the price of the new twin design and probably worse performance. You have to really like ARB to shell out that kind of money for similar performance. Youtube has plenty of tests side by side, some are questionable like anything but you'll get the idea. It's worth at least watching a few before you drop $500 on something that takes much longer to get the job done.