What 33’ tires should I get?

GeorgeSully

TJ Enthusiast
So my plan on the Jeep that I’ve decided to go with is 33’s with a 2 inch suspension lift. I know I want to get the minimal looking standard type of 15 inch black steel rims because they’re cheap and can be found everywhere. But I’m not sure what tires I should get for them. I’m looking for budget tires as I’m just a broke high school kid but any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
1998 Sahara 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2" of lift isn't enough for 33's. Anyway, buy whatever tire is inexpensive enough for you. May even find some slightly used tires.

I do lots of trail riding and not a lot of high flex routes so I want to keep it low and I also like the look a lot

BFG AT KO2 vote here. I like tall and skinny pizza cutters. 33x10.50r15. Doesn't measure as a true 33" , right at 32.5"ish.

33s on a 2" lift? That's going to severely limit your up-travel. A 31" is a much better idea.

Anyhow, I absolutely love the Goodyear Duratrac. It's a fantastic all season tire that performs well in just about anything, including snow.

Reactions: JMT
I've got 100k miles and 100 plus hours trail time on STT Pros on my previous 3 jeeps. 33s on Jk, 37s on JKUR and now 35s on my TJR. I'll never own another tire that needs to serve 2 purposes.

Reactions: JMT
I am happy with my Cooper AT3's. +1 on 31's with that lift. It does not take much of a bump to put a tire into the flare. I have a ton of life left in my tires, but when I do replace them I will reduce the width from 12.5 to 10.5

George where are you in S.C? I live just outside of Charleston. Just what type of terrain will you be using your jeep in, snow,mud,rock crawling or just highway cruising?

George where are you in S.C? I live just outside of Charleston. Just what type of terrain will you be using your jeep in, snow,mud,rock crawling or just highway cruising?

It’s a daily driver but if you know where Clemson extension is near Sandhills that’s one of the main places I go so it’s typically just dirt trails and some rust and rocks.

I absolutely love the Cooper AT3'S on my truck. Best tire I've ever had (and I remember running bias tires for years). But for cheap money perhaps you can find a set of re-treds. I thought they stopped them decades ago, but a person on the next farm over got a nice looking set for (he said) 1/3 the price of a Goodyear or Goodrich. And if they are legal in NY they must be legal just about anywhere.

I absolutely love the Cooper AT3'S on my truck. Best tire I've ever had (and I remember running bias tires for years). But for cheap money perhaps you can find a set of re-treds. I thought they stopped them decades ago, but a person on the next farm over got a nice looking set for (he said) 1/3 the price of a Goodyear or Goodrich. And if they are legal in NY they must be legal just about anywhere.

That’s what I’m thinking about doing do you know where he got them?

Check out the Yokohama g003. I got them for 150 each on eBay. They are surprisingly quiet for a m/t. I previously had ko 2's and they were a great a/t. I have duratraks on my jk and they have done very well but louder than the ko 2's.