What a day with my Jeep!

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Started out , heading over to a town 30 mins from home to swap out my tires with a fellow Jeeper. Met him on line asking if anyone wanted to swap out tires. His 2 week old, 2001 jeep wrangler is a 4 cyl and it came with new 35 x 15s BF Goodrich MT KM2s and he wanted some 33s. So it just worked out that my Falken 33s AT I had were what he was looking for, so we swapped today at a tire /mechanic shop close to his home that my brother happens to run. Well the KM2s rode great!!! I really like the look and the ride was amazing for a MT.

So while I was at the shop they found a leaking axle seal. I came home took the tire, brake drum, dif. cover, bearing cap, cross pin bolt, cross pin, C clip, axle, axle seal all out. There seemed to be an issue with about everything I did. The bearing looks great so I left it there and then replaced the seal and put everything back in. Whew that was a pain in the butt.

so first part of the day was great , second part was a challenge .

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ
Wow, a 4 cylinder on 35" tires? That thing must have been a dog! No wonder he wanted to trade for some 33s!
yep, He said it had no get up at all. but Chris his lift consist of a 2-1/2 to 3" body lift, so I spent some time with him today and tried to come up with a plan. So he is going to look into the 3" zone suspension lift and cut the body lift down to 1" or remove it all together.

Last edited:
Oh yea one other bad Kinda think while torquing down the dif cover bolts i BROKE one of the bolts off , so now ill have to drill it out . what a day.

yep, He said it had no get up at all. but Chris his lift consist of a 2&1/2 to 3" body lift, so I spent some time with him today and tried to come up with a plan. So first thing looks like it going to be a 2-1/2" zone suspension lift and cut the body lift down to 1".

Oh wow... 3" of body lift is horrible. Sounds like someone definitely cheated out on that.

Oh yea one other bad Kinda think while torquing down the dif cover bolts i BROKE one of the bolts off , so now ill have to drill it out . what a day.

Yes, getting out broken bolts is never fun. Had to do that recently myself.

He wanted my older black steel pro comp wheels and I traded for his. Look what I got. Jerry would be proud. Aluminum American Racing wheels. 15 x 8 3.75 back spacing 20180314_220954.jpg

Reactions: lindsey97