What a mild Summer

DAMN!? 2 years and no bites, that's crazy!

Meanwhile, housing prices all over Oregon have been sky rocketing like crazy. Particularly Portland, but even the outlaying areas have gotten absurd. Here in Salem (which is 45 minutes outside of Portland) the houses are skyrocketing as well.

Not sure how the coast is though.

You post a house here for sale in this area and it's gone within a week with at least 20 offers.
Thank God it's not 2 years, just 2 months.

Waterfront home generally do not appeal to the average buyer and there is still some concern after Sandy which was almost 4 years ago now.

Oh, I thought you said 2 years... That would be horrible.

Makes sense. I think people have the same reservations about the Oregon Coast (and any coastal home for that matter) in regards to it being waterfront.

Seriously! Have you checked the weather on the Oregon coast?

We did our last trip there in mid August on purpose just to see what that was like and it was delightful. I've been monitoring the weather for several years now and compared to NJ it's all uphill from here.

Summers on the Oregon coast are very nice for the most part. The rest of the year can be rainy and miserable... However, I don't think it can be as bad as the East Coast in regard to 'extremes'.

I think the worst you deal with on the Oregon coast during the non-summer months, is just a lot of rain and wind.

Summers on the Oregon coast are very nice for the most part. The rest of the year can be rainy and miserable... However, I don't think it can be as bad as the East Coast in regard to 'extremes'.

I think the worst you deal with on the Oregon coast during the non-summer months, is just a lot of rain and wind.
I can live with that vs the frozen tundra winters we get here every so often.

I can live with that vs the frozen tundra winters we get here every so often.

Yep, that's the nice thing about the Oregon Coast and the Willamette Valley. You won't be dealing with frozen tundra winters or any extreme hurricanes and such. As far as weather goes, the West Coast is mild compared to the East Coast.

Just have to get used to the occasional earthquakes and tsumani's

Well, if the big one hits like they say it will... Then you're just done for completely (as in dead). Although, if that happens a lot of us will be screwed, even those of us that are more inland.