What a TJ owner says versus what he really means

"1. I would never buy a JK/JL ....means ....I have dumped so much money in this TJ I can't possibly finish it AND afford a newer model."

You lost me on 1. I honestly think the JK and JL are not as good as the TJ. 🤷‍♂️ Funny list though!
It really depends on how you view them.

the later model engine with 285 horsepower is more engine.

On average the JK and JL are going to drive better on the highway.

They both are about as capable as they are set up and whoever is behind the wheel.

I'm not as big of a fan of the body style of the later model vehicles.

I can honestly say I straddle the fence between my love for the TJ and the reality that the JK and JL are what we have available if you want a newer model. Everything has weaknesses and strengths.

It really depends on how you view them.

the later model engine with 285 horsepower is more engine.

On average the JK and JL are going to drive better on the highway.

They both are about as capable as they are set up and whoever is behind the wheel.

I'm not as big of a fan of the body style of the later model vehicles.

I can honestly say I straddle the fence between my love for the TJ and the reality that the JK and JL are what we have available if you want a newer model. Everything has weaknesses and strengths.

I prefer the 4.0 and fewer electronics.

Reactions: Flivver250
I prefer the 4.0 and fewer electronics.
That's what I drive .

I'm not enamored with any of the newer ones , but they are the only new ones there are.

I don't like the angle at the door bottom , the 4 door looks terrible with no top unless it's lifted to the stratosphere, the 3.6 power doesn't gain you anything when you look at the tonnage of the 4 door . I don't like the all plastic fenders . They do have a level of electronic complexity far beyond a TJ.

On the " like side" , the later model roominess, ergonomics, drive, ride and ease of entry/exit are nice.

Reactions: HotRod
I like a straight 6 engine. In a Jeep, in a tractor, in a lawnmower. I like as few electronic nannies as possible. I like hand crank windows. I just can't stand a 4 door Wrangler. Get a Cherokee. They just look wrong. And the people that drive them that I personally know....not a fan. I just LOVE the CJ7 . Looks, simplicity. But try to find one in the rust belt...I've seen them asking more than I paid for my house! I think the TJ is right on the edge for electronics. But everything is much better on the TJ other than the grill/fenders. A well built JK 2 door still looks good, but I have more shoulder room in my TJ than I do in the JKs. Go figure.