What airline do you prefer and why?

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
I fly either JetBlue or Southwest airlines. Lately it's been JetBlue because they have nonstop flights from Orlando to Boston. I take C&J bus lines to Portsmouth NH.

I hate waiting hours with a layover in BWI. If I fly out of Portland Maine that is what happens.

I've flown Delta for years. I can get a direct flight most places I need to go and have good status so they are good to me.

Reactions: tr21triton
Southworst for me, mostly because the airport I like they are the main airline flying out and it is 15 minutes away. Otherwise I have to haul an hour without traffic to JFK or LGA.

I guess I should have clarified: if a family travels with any kids under 6 they can board between the A and B groups (no extra charges). I still have 1 under 6 :D

Fly Delta and families with small children needing extra time can board first with all the old folks needing extra time. Helps if the child has a carseat or stroller as age is at the discretion of the gate agent.

Reactions: rasband
Same. I flew NWA prior to the merger- never had an issue.

I flew them frequently since they happened to be headquartered up the street from me. I had no complaints even then. I'd not be happy if Delta got rid of comfort+ and 1st class.

Oh and not these guys for those that don't know.

1666891552914.png

Southwest, we have a lot of destinations coming out of Nashville, my wife likes to pack as much as possible when we travel so the 2 free bags are nice, their rates are normally lower, I have a chase card that I accumulate points that I can transfer to southwest.

And if you ask the counter workers before boarding they will sometimes let families with kids just over 6 to board in the family boarding group.

I have American and United credit cards that give me miles, use of the private lounge, early boarding and free bags. I put everything I can on the cards. When I bought my tractor last year I got enough miles for 2 flights. I’ve bought 2 cars this year and was able to put $5K on each without any penalty. I fly 6-8 times a year an I find that ALL airlines suck at one point or another. I have more issues with idiot passengers and airport related delays than which airline I use. Air travel is not much better than taking the bus these days.

Used to be Continental. Then they got swallowed up by United - I'd walk before I'd fly United again, and I'd think pretty hard about walking before I'd fly American either. Delta is "Ok", but they won't give you your seat assignments for the entire flight - at least sometimes they won't. You have to get to the intermediate airport to get assigned. They also do this random "upgrade" to 1st class - which doesn't work if you're flying with someone else as one gets the upgrade and the other does not, so you get split up.

SouthWest all day long.

I was also impressed with Alaska Airlines the one time I flew them, and I prefer British Airways for overseas flights, although Air France seemed OK the one time I flew them.

British Airways, because patriotic. Though realistically since their take over by Iberia they are struggling to keep their status.

I've always had more good experiences with Alaska Airlines than bad. Can't say that for the other airlines. They might not always be the cheapest but I can usually get a direct flight with less BS, which makes for a more pleasant trip. But if it's less than 1000 miles I'll drive.

I have American and United credit cards that give me miles, use of the private lounge, early boarding and free bags. I put everything I can on the cards. When I bought my tractor last year I got enough miles for 2 flights. I’ve bought 2 cars this year and was able to put $5K on each without any penalty. I fly 6-8 times a year an I find that ALL airlines suck at one point or another. I have more issues with idiot passengers and airport related delays than which airline I use. Air travel is not much better than taking the bus these days.

Good point the cards are worth having if you fly fairly frequently. I have the Delta one that gives club access so it's free food and drinks while waiting in the airport plus I get a free first class companion ticket to use every year which more than covers the cost of the card. I can't believe anybody pays to check bags when even the free card gives you free checked bags. And the mileage bonuses for status are icing on the cake.

Delta is "Ok", but they won't give you your seat assignments for the entire flight - at least sometimes they won't. You have to get to the intermediate airport to get assigned. They also do this random "upgrade" to 1st class - which doesn't work if you're flying with someone else as one gets the upgrade and the other does not, so you get split up.

Not sure when the last time you flew Delta was but you can pick your seats for all segments when you book. And if you used smartphones you can do it through the app.

As far as upgrades, there's a system to it and things like your mileage status, price paid, seat tier level, credit card level etc. Mrs App generally gets upgraded with me.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Not sure when the last time you flew Delta was but you can pick your seats for all segments when you book. And if you used smartphones you can do it through the app.

Its been awhile. I haven't flown at all since late 2016 (And Delta probably was 2014 or so), and with the world situation as it is right now, I don't see anything in the visible future either. I just dumped my SouthWest credit card in favor of a cash back one for that reason - it was great when I flew several times a year; now, not so much.

But - I have to ask - why would I want to book anything through an "app" on a tiny screen and shitty UI, when I can do it online with my computer? ;) :D

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Its been awhile. I haven't flown at all since late 2016 (And Delta probably was 2014 or so), and with the world situation as it is right now, I don't see anything in the visible future either. I just dumped my SouthWest credit card in favor of a cash back one for that reason - it was great when I flew several times a year; now, not so much.

But - I have to ask - why would I want to book anything through an "app" on a tiny screen and shitty UI, when I can do it online with my computer? ;) :D

Because I can book flights while driving to the airport. The app is really handy when traveling.

You want to really be amazed, I use my watch as my boarding pass.

Reactions: Ocho
Because I can book flights while driving to the airport. The app is really handy when traveling.

You want to really be amazed, I use my watch as my boarding pass.

I hope you have your shit together when you do that - I get REALLY irritated when multiple smartphone idiots hold up the line fiddling with their devices when they could have just handed the agent a piece of paper and gotten on the damn plane!

Another reason I like SW is that I can pay an extra $25 and get on it early. That lets me get a 2nd or 3rd row aisle seat, so when it lands, I'm up and OUT as soon as the seat belt lite goes off. I have my small carryon in hand that was under the seat in front of me, so I'm ready and I don't have to wait for the unloaders to unload multiple overseas bags from the overhead. I really do wish they'd get rid of the overheads entirely - it would be possible to load and unload a plane in 5 minutes or so if it weren't for all the carryons. CHECK THAT FUCKING BAG!