What and how many other projects are we working on?

KMET

TJ Enthusiast
2004 Tahoe, z71 125k miles.

This was my daily driver/family outings from 2005-2011? . After witch I loaned to my daughter for school/work, couple yrs she lived outta state. She confessed some time ago the abuse she and her friends inflicted, some are obvious. She seems to lack parking skill without hitting something, still, it's been a safe reliable vehicle for her. I purchased it used (Carmax) with 12k miles and had kept it in showroom condition up until handing her the keys.

As I repair/replace items today (drivers seat, window regulator, headlights, repaint front bumper...keep finding little things) in preparation to sell it, I keep thinking of that Subaru commercial.

On to next project.

Reactions: LeePTI and Chris
I have a project that's completely unrelated to vehicles, and it's a never ending project as well... It's called owning a home, haha.

This is our first home we've ever owned (we bought it a year ago), and while it's a very nice home, I find that I've always got something in mind to do around the house.

Next on the list is the following:
  • New vinyl windows ($6000)
  • New fence ($6000)
  • Shed ($1200)
  • New front yard ($3000???)
That's just the start of the list!

Reactions: LeePTI and KMET
Yeah, home ownership doesn't stop at dwelling either, there's dishwasher ('s), water heater ('S)... Every year reseal natural stone showers.

We just spent 10k building a courtyard 22x13 foot, w/ 7 foot slump stone walls outside master bedroom. Still need to tile seating area and tile around window. Hopefully I'll finish it after summer.

I am always having to reshuffle whats priority. I have an embarrassing list of projects....

Reactions: Chris
Next on the list is the following:
  • New vinyl windows ($6000)
  • New fence ($6000)
  • Shed ($1200)
  • New front yard ($3000???)
That's just the start of the list!

Are you planning on running power to shed? Are you pouring concert foundation? ...Turn it into a man-cave!

It never ends:
014.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

Picture013_zps102f3f64.jpg

IMG_20131025_134532_382_zpse8bf904a.jpg

Are you planning on running power to shed? Are you pouring concert foundation? ...Turn it into a man-cave!

My wife says I should! I think it's really just going to be a shed for all of our garden tools (i.e. lawn mowers, weedwacker, etc.).

Yeah, home ownership doesn't stop at dwelling either, there's dishwasher ('s), water heater ('S)... Every year reseal natural stone showers.

Tell me about it. We just had to buy a new fridge and oven, and now I'm thinking maybe we should just remodel the kitchen, ha.

2004 Tahoe, z71 125k miles.

This was my daily driver/family outings from 2005-2011? . After witch I loaned to my daughter for school/work, couple yrs she lived outta state. She confessed some time ago the abuse she and her friends inflicted, some are obvious. She seems to lack parking skill without hitting something, still, it's been a safe reliable vehicle for her. I purchased it used (Carmax) with 12k miles and had kept it in showroom condition up until handing her the keys.

As I repair/replace items today (drivers seat, window regulator, headlights, repaint front bumper...keep finding little things) in preparation to sell it, I keep thinking of that Subaru commercial.

On to next project.
My son has had the same Tahoe same year. He's just starting to bring it back to 99%. A guy on Ebay has lots of OEM parts for tgat model with reasonable prices.

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

I'm in the middle of trying to re clear coat my mother in laws hood on her suburban. I hav a few small pieces of furniture that need re done in some way or another. I also am constantly detailing my wife's suburban just to keep it clean.

Plus home owner ship. Nuff said lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.
House, done since moving in in Oct.
New pole barn. Killed all the weeds and reseeded 1.25 acres, 50 some trees checked and trimmed, new bushes and flowers, fixed riding mower, painted all interior walls except kitchen, new carpet, replaced furnace.
Killed 4 moles. Bastards.
Me and my sweet bride did the majority of that.
House, to do:
More landscaping and grass seed, stain exterior, resurface driveway.
Kill more moles. Bastards.

Non Jeep Cars:
77 Malibu Classic:
20140416_100031.jpg

To do: Fix transmission and radiator leaks, fix AC.

73 Chevelle SS:
IMG_20170205_125838377.jpg

To do: Everything.

Man. Now my back hurts.

Reactions: LeePTI and Chris
Two things take up the brunt of my time besides work and family:

1. House - I'm getting ready to tear apart and rebuild my master bathroom. Original tile from 1960 that is in dire need of replacement. I also need to replace my furnace. It still works but it was installed before I graduated high school (early 90's). The fact that its 24 years old leaves me some concern on how much more life it has. Its also 80% efficient and I'd like to move up to something that is 95%-96% efficient. I'd rather replace it this summer before it fails on me during the winter.

2. Classes - I'm currently finishing up year two of an electrician apprenticeship program. I have 2.5 more years to go. The ironic thing is that I will never work as an electrician. I manage a multidisciplinary maintenance team for a utility and I wanted to know more about what my electricians experienced for their work. The coolest thing I've done so far is to learn how to bend and run conduit. My guys think I'm crazy for doing it since I don't need it for my job however; I like to learn plus I think it makes me more credible for the guys I give instruction to.

I like the way you think. More bosses would be more effective if they bothered to understand their folks lot at work.

Plus, when you get fired you have a lucrative fall back. :)

Reactions: UpperMI and StG58
I like the way you think. More bosses would be more effective if they bothered to understand their folks lot at work.

Plus, when you get fired you have a lucrative fall back. :)

More bosses should take the time to get some hands on experience. The funny thing is that even though its a 5 year program, it doesn't take up "that much" time. I attend class once every other week for 3 hours after work and then spend a few hours every other weekend reading a 20-50 page chapter on everything from how breakers work to how to read electrical schematics. Plus like you said, I have something to fall back on. I've also taken on a few projects at home that I might not have otherwise started. And lastly, the best benefit is that I get to meet a lot other electricians through my classes so I am able to recruit the good ones when I have a job opening. Their class participation is usually a good indication as to how much they want to know and grow as a journeyman electrician. Some guys are just there to get the information to pass the journeyman test. While others are there to pass the test as well but they want to learn as much as possible about the national electrical code and techniques used to work more efficiently (and things like that).