What are good LED headlights for my TJ?

I’ve been pretty happy with the Hella glass housings and beamtech LEDs but you’re not going to get great cut off you just get a lot of light-

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I have theses and will go with a relay quad beam setup from kc or wire up my own. Turns on the dims whit the brights on! Epic

Full disclosure... I ditched the Toyo/Koito H4 setup. Loved the pattern, and the glass lens but hated the color. Looked a ton of LED replacement bulbs but ultimately decided to do it right and switched to the Holley Retro Bright LEDs. Entirely happy with the decision. The pain of the cost of entry is long gone.

Full disclosure... I ditched the Toyo/Koito H4 setup. Loved the pattern, and the glass lens but hated the color. Looked a ton of LED replacement bulbs but ultimately decided to do it right and switched to the Holley Retro Bright LEDs. Entirely happy with the decision. The pain of the cost of entry is long gone.

Color is 100% bulb selection, after living in Alaskan darkness, I like the Sylvania silver star bulbs.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
Here in Canada, things aren't priced the same and you don't have the same choices unless you are willing to spend stupid money. Grote headlights are the best bang for the buck imo. They are a legit NA business, not chinese junk. They are very reasonably priced and they look stock without a lot of sillyness. I am quite happy with mine.

Ive been running the cheap amazon light for 2 years now and its been working great. Much better light output and havent had any issues as of yet

Color is 100% bulb selection, after living in Alaskan darkness, I like the Sylvania silver star bulbs.

Of course.
The Holleys are a perfect marriage of an H4 style pattern and housing and a proper LED bulb output (in the color I want). I have never been a fan of mating add-on LED bulbs to an H4 housing and no quality H4 bulbs can be found in daylight 5700K

My $99 dollar trucklite reflector knockoffs are going strong 4 years later. They are surprisingly good. That LED comparison video did not include any trucklite knockoffs, just the reflector trucklite. For how good the $99 ones are, I would never spend $500+ on the real deal.

Had your basic halo ring Amazon ones for 6 years and they just fell apart where the halo rings stopped working and while they were bright the cut off was non existent. Have truck light knock offs and the cut off is fantastic and super wide but like others have said there is a weird dead spot on right in front of the jeep. For on road and looks I like them better and we’re 70 bucks.

My $99 dollar trucklite reflector knockoffs are going strong 4 years later. They are surprisingly good. That LED comparison video did not include any trucklite knockoffs, just the reflector trucklite. For how good the $99 ones are, I would never spend $500+ on the real deal.

Lighting is one of those things that are tricky. One man’s treasure is another’s trash. I used the TruckLite knockoffs for a month or two and absolutely hated them. There no pattern to speak of. Light was thrown straight up illuminating the bottoms of trees I passed under. They were properly aligned yet the light was everywhere. I ditched them before getting the Toyota/Koito H4 kit which was a VAST improvement of the knockoffs.

Lighting is one of those things that are tricky. One man’s treasure is another’s trash. I used the TruckLite knockoffs for a month or two and absolutely hated them. There no pattern to speak of. Light was thrown straight up illuminating the bottoms of trees I passed under. They were properly aligned yet the light was everywhere. I ditched them before getting the Toyota/Koito H4 kit which was a VAST improvement of the knockoffs.

I hear ya, but mine are definitely not like that. Are they perfect? no. They don't blind oncoming traffic, or light up the trees. They are multiple times brighter than my sealed beams, the high beams are a massive flood of light. But, I simply don't care about the perfect pattern against a wall. There is nothing bad enough with them to to convince me that I need to spend 500+ (and I'll drop $500 on something I see on a whim....) on the same thing that might have a nicer pattern or cutoff. I'm sticking with el cheapos. I have never once been flashed by anyone with them on either.

Reactions: The4bangertj
Have Hella e-codes in sons jeep with LED bulbs and they are just as bright with crisp cutoff as my 90/130 bulbs and harness in mine. If you find the right LED bulb they work great in h4 housing. I have only tried this in e-code housing both hella and Cibie. My Bulbs are not us made and probably run a little hot, but beam pattern is the same as h4 halogen. I've had these in for over a year with no issues, also run them in my RV and wifes Mercedes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HLY9CWJ/?tag=wranglerorg-20 All have similar beam pattern to stock halogen, but much brighter and better color.

If money were no object, would probably get the morimoto sealed 7. But they are like $700. The Holley retrobrights are probably the best deal going for a descent price in my opinion, still more than I've needed to spend as my current setup works well.

I’m using the Holley Retro Brights for a while now and like them. Unlike my previous Trucklite knock-offs, I had no trouble adjusting them. The knockoffs were brighter but threw light everywhere and I always felt I was blinding oncoming traffic. The Holley have a clear cutoff and a pretty decent pattern though there are some dark spots.

Reactions: MikekiM
Of course.
The Holleys are a perfect marriage of an H4 style pattern and housing and a proper LED bulb output (in the color I want). I have never been a fan of mating add-on LED bulbs to an H4 housing and no quality H4 bulbs can be found in daylight 5700K

Agree if we're talking about conventional led bulbs in h4 housing.. but try lenticular in them, you'll be surprised !! Have a look at my pics in pag1 of this topic ;) :)

Reactions: MikekiM
Agree if we're talking about conventional led bulbs in h4 housing.. but try lenticular in them, you'll be surprised !! Have a look at my pics in pag1 of this topic ;) :)

Yes, was referring to LED conversion bulbs in H4 housings. Pattern and temp on yours look good. I wanted a truly period correct look in addition to a clean output and daylight temp. Impossible to detect that the Holley's are LED even once illuminated. Spot on for what I wanted.

Reactions: Lorenzo Altarocca