What are our TJs really worth?

Yes a stocker Rubi with low miles and minimal rust, I don’t think the OPs 16k price is out of line from my perspective. As long as rust is minimal as stated. Probably leave a little room to dicker.

As for condition and rust issues. Anyone contemplating buying an older Jeep Wrangler. Do yourself a huge favor and don’t buy a thrasher and/or rust bucket because it was cheap and a “great deal”. You’ll be fighting a losing battle with rust and constantly fixing sh*t, probably spending a small fortune along the way on your own private highway to hell. Save your time and money and buy as nice a Jeep as you can afford. The cleaner the better. And as close to Stock as possible, sans all the Hillbilly mods which you have to fix or change because you’d rather do the mod differently. You’ll be $’s ahead in the long run.

Last edited:
"The wife is pregnant. And yes, it's my kid......it's just not my wife!" :sneaky:
That reminds me of the Pink panther and does your dog bite... Then the dog goes crazy and he says hey it was not my dog.

Reactions: Squatch
Why in the world would anyone sell their Jeep? It's not my daily driver but it is my favorite toy including the Harley. (Neither one marks its territory, I replace gaskets as needed)
Well I used to have a 1960 Vette and I am feeling like jumping back into a Vette again. Something like this, but a driver.

That’s a nice ride gg. My ‘other’ alternative retirement toy that I was contemplating was a Challenger. The Tj won out.

I did a price on Kelly Blue Book and it came back at between 11k to 13k for my Rubi with 48k miles and in very good condition. My frame is nice and very little rust on the underside. If I detail it it would look very nice. I am thinking my Jeep is at least $16k. Am I wrong? Thanks.
I'd say that's about right. As others have said you might sit on it for awhile but having a rust free frame is huge. I payed 16 for mine with 86k miles but the frame looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. It also checked all my other boxes. Most people probably think I overpayed but that frame is worth it to me and it will be to someone who want's your jeep.