What are the best front and rear seat covers for a 97 TJ?

9nick0

Anybody have any experiences they can share possibly in different price ranges so I can narrow down what kind of black neoprene seat covers I should buy. Or if there was a better material.

Try iggee if you want faux leather or bartact for fabric. Both fit like a glove, are available in solid or two tone and are great. Bartact is a higher quality in term of durability, but a different look and twice the cost for a full set (about 650 vs 300). You really cant go wrong with either. I would stay away from neoprene personally as it can get hot vs the above. I have had the iggee covers for a couple years now through sun, rain etc and they still look perfect.

You might look at caltrend also but i dont have any personal experience with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: primetime4
I have Bartacts from back when they were Trek Armor. They still look great after 7 years. Worth every penny

I installed a set on the JK Sport about 6-7 years ago and they did not fade and there were no signs of wear when I sold the Jeep. Installed a set in the TJ Sport that I presently own to replace the Smittybilt neoprene that the Jeep came with.
The Smittlybilt neoprene seat covers were faded and did not wear well...
For the money the Bartacts are hard to beat.

Last edited:
Bartact. I don't have personal experience yet, but plan on getting some soon. I do have quite a few friends who have them and have nothing but good to say. Fit perfectly, don't fade, don't wear. Worth the $$.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CharlesHS and L J
Avoid neoprene seat material like the plague. Neoprene is NOT waterproof and it soaks up perspiration. That means it'll start to smell. It's so uncomfortable on warm or hot days it has created the "swamp ass" term. Not to mention its colored nylon covers easily and quickly fade if they see much sun. Black turns purple, red turns pink, etc.

Another mention which is relatively cheap and affordable, but also highly durable are the bestop covers.

I guess let me rephrase, and point acknowledged on the neoprene seat covers. What is the best bang for the buck for a really tight and good looking seat cover for a $4400 jeep that you may or might not keep after I fix the starting issue.

I guess let me rephrase, and point acknowledged on the neoprene seat covers. What is the best bang for the buck for a really tight and good looking seat cover for a $4400 jeep that you may or might not keep after I fix the starting issue.
That narrows it down more toward something like Bartact or Iggee's fake leather covers.

Reactions: 9nick0
I'd go for bestop then. You can find them for a little over $100. They are not as tight as bartracts but they still are great fitting covers. Best shots I can find of my old ones.

20190713_154218 (2).jpg
20190719_164535.jpg

Reactions: 9nick0
So is there not anything for $100 that fits right and tight? In just black and charcoal. Front and back seats. Anybody have experience with anything like that?