What are the best seat covers for my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This question gets asked a lot, so I decided to make a FAQ out of it.

I've been around these TJs for long enough that I've seen a lot of different seat covers.

While everyone has their own opinions, my opinion (based off trying numerous different seat covers on my TJ, and tons of research) is that these are the best seat covers you can get your TJ, hands down:

IGGEE Seat Covers
I personally run these seat covers on my TJ. They fit so darn well that everyone who sees them doesn't even know they are seat covers, they just think I have leather seats. They are made of vinyl, and the quality and fit is fantastic!

1997-2002 Models
2003-2006 Models

Bartact Seat Covers
A lot of guys on the forum(s) rave about these seat covers, and rightfully so. I've seen them in person and they fit just as well as the IGGEE seat covers, with the exception being that they are made of polyester instead of vinyl. These are a great quality seat cover that are made in the USA.

1997-2002 Models
2003-2006 Models

Bestop Seat Covers
I have a friend who runs these on his TJ. The fit is great, as is the quality. I expect nothing less from Bestop, since they have a reputation for making some nice stuff for our TJs.

Front Seats (1997-2002 Models)
Front Seats (2003-2006 Models)
Rear Seat Cover (All Years)

You can't go wrong with any of these seat covers, that's for sure!

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This question gets asked a lot, so I decided to make a FAQ out of it.

While everyone has their own opinions, my opinion (from trying out multiple seat covers for my TJ) is that the IGGEE seat covers are second to none. They seriously fit so well that everyone who gets in my TJ always asks if it came factory with leather seats. The first is just so, so good! You really don't even know they're seat covers.

Here they are (yes, they are cheapest to get on eBay oddly enough):

1997-2002 Models
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=142093052380

2003-2006 Models
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=141980088740

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on what seat covers they have, how they fit, how you like them, and a link to where to get them.

I have not purchased these yet - but they seem to be worth trying out. Made in Montana!

www.headwatersseatcovers.com

I'd rather get just re-upholstered leather seats - however, upholstery shops are expensive. @Chris, what are your thoughts?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I'd rather get just re-upholstered leather seats - however, upholstery shops are expensive. @Chris, what are your thoughts?

You'd pay upwards of $1000 just for the front seats. I've had a lot of upholstery work done on cars I've owned in the past, and it's not cheap.

So yeah, while that would be ideal in a perfect world, no one is going to shell out that sort of money unless they have money to blow!

Reactions: Kyle_W
My friend has the Bestop seat covers on his TJ and they fit nicely and feel nice as well. I've ridden in it many times and I think if I hadn't gotten my IGGEEs, I probably would have got the Bestops.
That's what I ran in both of my Jeeps until I replaced the seats with racing seats. I still have my 2003 and newer set of black Bestop seat covers that are in good shape out in my garage if someone wants to make an offer on them.

Reactions: SilverTJR and Chris
I have Bestop as well. The are reasonably priced, fit well, look good, and clean up easily. The material does not get ridiculously hot either.

Reactions: Chris
I like the idea of leather seats but not the idea of leaving 2 layers of skin behind using it in the summer... plus our sun down here is really harsh (Aussie and New Zealand don't have much of an Ozone layer) So you can get burnt very quickly and cloth fades pretty quickly too.:zplayita:

I've got what appear to be Neoprenes now. They came in Jackass The Jeep when he showed up.
I dig 'em.
I want to replace them because they're old and falling apart. The tags don't have any info on 'em.
I can't find anything that looks like them anywhere.
They're black and tan, with the Jeep logo stamped/embossed (not painted or embroidered) in the headrest.
They don't look cheap either. They fit tight, and have storage on the backs.

Any idea as to who might have these?

20170610_184055.jpg

Last edited:
Disregard.
I ran a number from a tag.

Turns out they're Mopar accessory covers.

Any guess on who made them for Chrysler?

I've had some Bestop covers in the past. They were really nice.
I don't think I've ever seen any of their stuff in Neoprene though.

If they made black and tan covers, I'd be all over 'em.

I've had some Bestop covers in the past. They were really nice.
I don't think I've ever seen any of their stuff in Neoprene though.

If they made black and tan covers, I'd be all over 'em.

Ahhh, yeah, I doubt they would do neoprene. Such a horrible material for seat covers.

Reactions: Umbra
Ahhh, yeah, I doubt they would do neoprene. Such a horrible material for seat covers.

I would have thought so too. If these hadn't come with Jackass, I would never have considered them.
I liked the look, so left them on. Turns out they're pretty all-around comfortable for me.
I don't know if they're neoprene or not. Chrysler describes them as a "wet suit-like material" which I guess is neoprene.

1st Row Seat Covers
Khaki/Black
(82206605)

7632%20stcov2.gif

Seat Covers are custom tailored for a perfect fit and do not block seat controls. Comfortable yet durable fabric complements your vehicle's interior color while protecting original upholstery from dirt and tears. Easily removable for washing.

Color: Khaki/Black

Notes: Wet suit-like material. 1st row, set of 2. Jeep logo.

I like the material because my flat ass doesn't slide around like it does on leather or vinyl, and it lacks the oww factor produced by leather when it gets good and hot.
I'm gonna keep looking. If I can find a two-tone in another material, I might grab 'em.

I did look at the Trek Armor covers, but $600 covers in a $500 Jeep seems lopsided. :)

Last edited:
Aren't the Bartact seat covers similar to the Trek Armor ones? And @Chris, why does Amazon only show them for JK's? No TJ love?

Aren't the Bartact seat covers similar to the Trek Armor ones? And @Chris, why does Amazon only show them for JK's? No TJ love?

I can't post a link to a sister forum that has a huge thread about these seat covers, but Bartact was the newer version of the Trek Armor and the official redesign from what I understand. From when I originally contacted the company a while ago the Trek armor had a webbing that wasn't true M.O.L.L.E. and was cumbersome, so they shifted to the tradition M.O.L.L.E. webbing when they rebranded the seat covers to Bartact.