What are these connectors?

TJ's-TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Behind the glove box, 1999 4.0L. What are the yellow and grey connectors? We just got the dash back in and I have nothing to plug in here?

1568633218717.png

Your factory manual in the "TJ Resources" section has detailed descriptions of every connector and the wires that run through them. Looks like you're describing C1 and C2 for the passenger airbag.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Your factory manual in the "TJ Resources" section has detailed descriptions of every connector and the wires that run through them. Looks like you're describing C1 and C2 for the passenger airbag.

View attachment 115652

Thanks, that is helpful, but not perfectly clear that something should be plugged into it.

Is there a way to access the manual online or do I have to buy it somewhere?

Thanks, that is helpful, but not perfectly clear that something should be plugged into it.

Is there a way to access the manual online or do I have to buy it somewhere?

It's in the "TJ Resources" section of this forum. Just click the PDF for your model year. Section 8W should have everything you need.

Jeep is undergoing a complete rebuild, so we won't know that for a while unfortunately...
Not the passenger air bag, the defeat switch. If equipped, it would be located at the forward end of the center console between the shifter and the lower dash on the right hand side.

Reactions: TJTJ04
Not the passenger air bag, the defeat switch. If equipped, it would be located at the forward end of the center console between the shifter and the lower dash on the right hand side.

OK thanks, maybe why I don't remember disconnecting it, the center console was removed long ago...