What are these connectors?

spiccolli

Just like the title says, what are these connectors? They are right in front of the driver rear wheel hanging down. It's a little bit hard to see the second one.

20230303_181543.jpg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Just like the title says, what are these connectors? They are right in front of the driver rear wheel hanging down. It's a little bit hard to see the second one.

View attachment 404706
Is your TJ a Rubicon? That area behind the transfer case is close to where the Rubicon's locker compressors reside. They are connected to the harness.

Is your TJ a Rubicon? That area behind the transfer case is close to where the Rubicon's locker compressors reside. They are connected to the harness.

I don't know what was there on earlier models, but their profile says a 1997 and the TC pictured is a 231 (also different connectors than the locker pumps that would also have a few other things hanging out there like the vacuum hoses). I'd be pretty surprised if this was the late model Rubicon harness.

Reactions: ColoJeep

No. Not a rubi. I was told my TJ is pretty rare and might be one of the first off the line. The rear axle was replaced with an 8.8 and I wonder if it has something to do with that. Went from drum to disc. Front was ABS. But was told it would not work as ABS anymore and the ABS dash bulb was removed.

Maybe an ABS speed sensor, given the location