What are these things behind the grill in each corner?

merrill77

05 LJ, 97 TJ, 77 FSJ
Supporting Member
I was looking to see if my LJ has fog light wiring when I found these behind the grill. These are looking down through the grill on the left and right sides. What is this wiring connected to? TIA!

20210904_145747.jpg

20210904_145722.jpg

The first one is most likely your ambient air temperature sensor for the AC. The other one is probably a wiring connector for a temp sensor for the optional temp display rear view mirror…

I have sensors like the first picture in both corners of mine. 06 LJ with A/C and temperature display mirror

Yes and the location is hilarious because you can be on a trail at 12,000’ and freezing to death and the mirror temperature read out says it’s 95 degrees because you are going 3mph and the sensor is inches away from the radiator

• Haha
  • Face Palm
Reactions: Plumber1 and SvtLdr
Yes and the location is hilarious because you can be on a trail at 12,000’ and freezing to death and the mirror temperature read out says it’s 95 degrees because you are going 3mph and the sensor is inches away from the radiator
No one ever said Chrysler engineers were smart.

Reactions: teddill
No is stopping you from moving it to a more well thought out location.

Yea mine has read 130 before when on the trail