What are you getting for your Jeep with your tax return?

Patrick P.

Tax return season is upon us, which begs the question: What are you going to be buying for your TJ with your tax return?

Are you serious? ^^ USA entrepreneurs get a year end return without ever paying tax? I'm comin' south fast.

UpHere... real small business... I file at year end and I PAY !!

Depends on how you file. I am a small business owner and I can either pay all my taxes each quarter or pay them all at the end of the year. I don't think the IRS cares either way as long as they get their money.

Anyways, if I get some money back I'm going to get some new wheels!

same here Chris. If you are big enough you pay quarterly but if you are small.. like me you pay at year end. All about risk. If you are real big here in Canada you might even pay daily.

same here Chris. If you are big enough you pay quarterly but if you are small.. like me you pay at year end. All about risk. If you are real big here in Canada you might even pay daily.

Sounds similar in the US. I could pay quarterly if I want, but since I'm small I find it easier to just pay at the end of the year. So yes, I really don't get any tax returns back having said that. Occasionally I'll get something back, but not as big as most people get back.

I guess the plus side to it is that unlike working for a company as an employee, I control how much is taken out of each 'paycheck' so to speak.

So to all those guys working for a living... Let me say. I did that for 40 years because the risk, the uncertainty of going it alone was such a risk if especially if you have kids. BUT ... NOW with my own small business i wish i had done it years ago...

Kudos to you Chris for doing it so soon. The scary stuff, finances, taxes, accounting, WCB, payroll, deductions, pension, payroll taxes, health care??? .... is real easy. We just do not teach those skills. We get better all the time but really we have thousands of people who could be entrepreneurs SOONER if they had a bit of knowledge or confidence.

A lot of parents want us to "just get a job". Find a company who will give you a great paycheck. Find a Union job with a great pension plan. Few parents are able to support us to take on the risks of entrepreneurism. I am finding the current economy in Canada does lots to support new businesses.

Reactions: bostontj and Chris
image.jpeg
My son gets a big return every year, and every year he buys a toy. This year he bought this, and didn't spend 1/2 of his return.

Reactions: Chris
I suspect snowmobiles--much like wave runners--have horrible resale value, yes?

If so, then that's awesome if you're a buyer.

That's an '07 with 10,000 miles. It cost over $10K new. My son paid $1,600.00 for it.
I guess most ten year old cars are a greater loss.

Ted Cruz? That guy is a fucking wack job... Seriously, I fear for the United States if he becomes president.
yeah I don't get to vote..... but I really like to know what "you guys" the voters think about the candidates...... I travel south regularly... and that insight/understanding helps understand "who you guys are" and that always helps. I am involved with an international organization. I have travelled to several countries.... India, Arkansas, Alabama, the UK.... honestly the USA is the biggest, most diverse international country I have ever visited. So that goes beyond the current election.

These debates give a huge insight to Americans. Democracy, World Peace is all about understanding it.

That's an '07 with 10,000 miles. It cost over $10K new. My son paid $1,600.00 for it.
I guess most ten year old cars are a greater loss.

Hot damn that's a good deal! If there was snow here I would buy one in a heart beat.

I don't buy anything because I don't get money back. I plan ahead to avoid giving the government an interest free loan.

Reactions: StG58