What are your favorite interior upgrades / mods?

Yes, this is how it deploys.
I'd still make sure anything on the panel is bolted on from behind and not just glued on though.
View attachment 160460

Haha - I was atually going to post that picture for you. Those are my old airbags :)

So yeah I can confirm it splits down the bottom right next to the "oh **** handle" and hinges up as one big flap on the top.

Where you've got that badge I don't expect any issues at all on a TJ

Side note:
On a JK or a JL I would NOT put anything over the airbag cover without having a better understanding of how they deploy. Looked at a JL to maybe do a carbon fibre overlay on the dash and when we took it apart, it was apparent that the airbag is designed to punch through the middle of the plastic panel much like the steering wheel cover. Cancelled the project. If you look at a factory JL Sahara there's a stitch seam in the leather running down the middle, and I assume that's using thread designed to tear easy during airbag deployment. The plastic one will just split open.

1604161276650.png

I see others have gone ahead and made carbon dash kits for the JL, would strongly recommend against it.

1604161367567.png

1604161653035.png

Apologies for going off topic there but just in case any of you, your friends or family also have newer Jeeps.

Never went too crazy with the interior but did do a few upgrades that made it nicer to live with:

4x4 SPod Overhead Switch Pod with OBA gauge, and OTRATTW custom switch covers gives everything a nice clean finish with the childish aircraft like satisfaction of having overhead switches.

?hash=79dfa49cb9019c9f12dda3640d82f928.png

After that really enjoyed having a proper GPS on the dash. This is a few years old now though, planning to update to a double din in dash.

1604164422509.png

Gentex Auto Dimming Rear view mirror with back up camera display was also an awesome upgrade especially when the back was loaded up with camping gear or just trying to see past the full size spare.

1604164553358.png

Grab Handles - simple but important

1604164774741.png

Spacing out the speakers on the sound bar to accept 6.5" speakers - stretched the original fabric so it looks stock.

1604164919005.png

1604165098524.png

1604163981462.png

Never went too crazy with the interior but did do a few upgrades that made it nicer to live with:

4x4 SPod Overhead Switch Pod with OBA gauge, and OTRATTW custom switch covers gives everything a nice clean finish with the childish aircraft like satisfaction of having overhead switches.

View attachment 200024
Did you run an air tube up there, or is it an electronic gauge? That's pretty slick!

View attachment 200024

After that really enjoyed having a proper GPS on the dash. This is a few years old now though, planning to update to a double din in dash.

View attachment 200014

Gentex Auto Dimming Rear view mirror with back up camera display was also an awesome upgrade especially when the back was loaded up with camping gear or just trying to see past the full size spare.

View attachment 200017

View attachment 200021

Spacing out the speakers on the sound bar to accept 6.5" speakers - stretched the original fabric so it looks stock.

View attachment 200022

View attachment 200023

View attachment 200009
I'm really liking your switch pod setup.

Reactions: skrelnik

View attachment 200024

View attachment 200014

View attachment 200017

View attachment 200021

View attachment 200022

View attachment 200023

View attachment 200009

Is this the Gentex mirror you have?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ARDBD1K/?tag=wranglerorg-20

@Chris - Make it stop!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Did you run an air tube up there, or is it an electronic gauge? That's pretty slick!

Yep there's an air tube running up alongside the electrical lines for the switch. I just checked it seems sPOD doesn't offer the OBA one anymore which is a shame. It was a nice tidy way to do it. I've shot them a message to see if it's really gone or just missing from the website. They still offer it that way on JK.

There's also a little LED in the lower left corner next to the gauge that I added which was a product from OffRoadOnly called YorkSaver - super simple it lights up green initially when your compressor turns on, but if it stays on longer than 15 seconds then it turns to red. The idea being that while driving, if you've got a red LED it's an indication of a leak or an issue of some sort. (short runs less than 15 seconds were enough to pressurise the tank for things like air lockers / air swaybar etc. and the long term goal was to have it on air suspension. Still chasing that dream.)

The York Saver gadget isn't included - I added that.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-boa...board-air/off-road-only-air-kit-york-saver-2/

Reactions: Wildman and Ephry73
Is this the Gentex mirror you have?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ARDBD1K/?tag=wranglerorg-20

@Chris - Make it stop!

That's actually one level up from mine, it also has HomeLink so you could program it to open your garage door or power gate if it's HomeLink compatible. I didn't have a garage at the time I put that in.

Really excellent products - the auto dimming is brilliant, the compass is a surprisingly useful gadget in the dunes when I don't need to be precise but just want to avoid heading in circles (it's only gonna give you N / NE / E etc. not an actual bearing). And then the nice thing about the camera is it's instant - if you've just started up the Jeep and throw it into reverse, you're not waiting 10-15 seconds (or sometimes longer) for a navigation system to boot up before you can get your camera display. It'll also clear out any auto-dimming effect so even if there are bright lights behind, when you're in reverse the mirror goes fully clear.

Gentex makes many of the OEM mirrors in high end cars - quality product.

Reactions: skrelnik
Right now I'm running the new lighted cup holders from Walmart... You can actually see where to put your drink at night.. they're just little rechargeable inserts.. they change color or you can set them on whatever color you want.

I actually like them 😂
Pics, bro....

Reactions: bitbyte