What axle shafts should I buy for my Dana 44 rear axle?

I ordered a set of Discovery (china) for my rear 44 and kept getting pushed out delivery dates.
So I ponied up the additional funds and got the American ones instead. Very impressed with the quality of these shafts. I too would recommend Revy axles as well.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I ordered a set of Discovery (china) for my rear 44 and kept getting pushed out delivery dates.
So I ponied up the additional funds and got the American ones instead. Very impressed with the quality of these shafts. I too would recommend Revy axles as well.
What’s so great about them?

I was surprised they came with bearings already pressed on, which allowed me to do the install that evening.
That’s a great feature. I totally agree. I was looking at some Dana 44 shafts in the parts for sale section, but the bearings were not pressed on, so I passed. The Carbon Off-Road are also pressed on.

I was surprised they came with bearings already pressed on, which allowed me to do the install that evening.
Yes...but I'm curious regardless of the Asian discovery variety or USA Rev....What bearing and seals are they using on these?
Already installed is nice provided the parts are of good quality.

Anyone know what brand of bearing they're using?

Seals and bearing retainer brackets too, though that would be obvious to some. That really speeds things up for those of us without a press.

IMAG2320.jpg

Reactions: Akitadog
What answer would you believe and accept?
Made in the USA would cover it.

Edit: what answer would you accept?

I was just curious what the poster found so great about the quality. Sounded like he just looked at them and said, “This is great quality!” And posted

Last edited:
Made in the USA would cover it.

Edit: what answer would you accept?

I was just curious what the poster found so great about the quality. Sounded like he just looked at them and said, “This is great quality!” And posted
I bought a well known watch 31 years ago based on its quality, reputation, and my uncle showing me his when I was 11-12 years old. Without knowing the first thing about its inner workings or design I absolutely knew it had superb quality because its manufacturer has a long standing reputation for superb quality. I'm still wearing that watch right now.

In other words, believing a product has excellent quality doesn't often require intimate knowledge of its design or manufacturing process. Reputation of its manufacturer is usually enough, RGA has earned a superb reputation for quality. 🙂

Reactions: Akitadog and JMT