What backspacing for 37X13.50XR17 tires?

Dirty Minion

Hey guys, this question has probably been asked a million times but I can’t seem to find an answer. I recently bought a set of cooper stt pros 37x13.5R17 and now I am looking to get new wheels and I was wondering what backspacing I would need so I don’t rub. And also who makes wheels what would fit my application. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, this question has probably been asked a million times but I can’t seem to find an answer. I recently bought a set of cooper stt pros 37x13.5R17 and now I am looking to get new wheels and I was wondering what backspacing I would need so I don’t rub. And also who makes wheels what would fit my application. Thanks in advance.
37's on TJ axles?

Reactions: MaloStapalo
X2 to Jerry’s question.

With that tire width you’ll need a 10” wide wheel. Not knowing other details of your setup, for example, suspension lift, body lift and aftermarket fenders, bumpstop, it’s hard to say how much backspacing you’ll need

X2 to Jerry’s question.

With that tire width you’ll need a 10” wide wheel. Not knowing other details of your setup, for example, suspension lift, body lift and aftermarket fenders, bumpstop, it’s hard to say how much backspacing you’ll need
I have a 2.5” lift and metalcloak overline high clearance fenders (yes I did check to see if it would fit) but I plan on getting a 4.5” long arm lift hopefully early summer next year

Depending on the transmission, gearing is a serious issue too. For the 4spd, even a 5.38 wouldn't be low enough to match tires that big.

I have a 2.5” lift and metalcloak overline high clearance fenders (yes I did check to see if it would fit) but I plan on getting a 4.5” long arm lift hopefully early summer next year
Ask @CasterTroy, he has a similar setup. Don’t do a long arm lift though, that won’t help anything and it will only make matters worse.

I have a 5 speed manual with 4:10 gears. That gearing won’t be good for off-roading but it’ll work ok for a mall crawler until I regear
I can personally attest to how bad highway driving is. It would/will be different for you since you have a manual, so you'll have more control at higher speeds, but you will also experience 1st gear sluggishness since it is a manual.
How long would it be until you could regear?

I have a 5 speed manual with 4:10 gears. That gearing won’t be good for off-roading but it’ll work ok for a mall crawler until I regear

That will be awful on the street.

How so? I thought longarms were suppose to be better.
Better how?

37s on stock width axles and Dana 30 outers and a bolt-on long arm kit does not sound like a good plan.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
That will be awful on the street.

Better how?

37s on stock width axles and Dana 30 outers and a bolt-on long arm kit does not sound like a good plan.
We built my cousins jeep, stock axles Dana 44(same as mine) with 37’s and a long arm and he ran them no problem but my tires are much wider than his.

We built my cousins jeep, stock axles Dana 44(same as mine) with 37’s and a long arm and he ran them no problem but my tires are much wider than his.
How much suspension up travel does your cousin's TJ have?

Long Arm kits are a marketing ploy. They don’t solve the geometry problems that they claim to solve. ...

Do the bolt on kits even claim to solve the real geometry problems?

@Dirty Minion. The important thing is to understand what you are trying to solve with long arms. Then you can start to understand the solutions