What backspacing for 37X13.50XR17 tires?

@Dirty Minion. The important thing is to understand what you are trying to solve with long arms. Then you can start to understand the solutions
My main thing was for better handeling on and off road, I was always under the impression that exause the control arm angles weren’t as high that it handled better because the tire would move more vertical than a swinging motion

Do the bolt on kits even claim to solve the real geometry problems?
Not really. Some claim optimal alignment. Most stress optimal articulation. But they don’t give your shocks more travel, as you suggested...

Just out of curiosity, what gears would pair with 37s/and a 5 spd, 5.13?
At least 5.38. Knowing me, I would want even more. But getting more is another reason why stock axles are a bad match for 37s.

Just out of curiosity, what gears would pair with 37s/and a 5 spd, 5.13?
I was watching a few videos online and they were saying 4:88 and I’ve talked to a few people who ran 4:88 and they said it was great because it was close to stock but I’ve also talked to people why run 5:13 gears and they said it’s great on the trails and in the mud

I was watching a few videos online and they were saying 4:88 and I’ve talked to a few people who ran 4:88 and they said it was great because it was close to stock but I’ve also talked to people why run 5:13 gears and they said it’s great on the trails and in the mud
None of that is good advice or reasoning to follow.

Look at grimmjeeper.com.

Reactions: 2006TJ1
4.88 seems a pretty high (numerically low) for 37s. I can't imagine after the fact that you would feel that that swap was worth $1,200.

As @jjvw even 5.38s might not get the RPMs where they need to be, and that's the lowest gearing that can fit in a stock tj axle.

4.88 seems a pretty high (numerically low) for 37s. I can't imagine after the fact that you would feel that that swap was worth $1,200.

As @jjvw even 5.38s might not get the RPMs where they need to be, and that's the lowest gearing that can fit in a stock tj axle.
I thought the same thing but according to the math it works out to 4:88. (New tire size x old gear ratio / old tire size) in my case 37x4.10=151.7/31=4.89

I thought the same thing but according to the math it works out to 4:88. (New tire size x old gear ratio / old tire size) in my case 37x4.10=151.7/31=4.89
What rpm would that put the Jeep at 75mph in 5th?

That’s why I’m here, to get good answers.
With unlimited money, the best answer is to get a different set of axles bigger, stronger axles, swap to a gear lower than 5.38...
But along with 37s comes an array of other issues that have to be addressed, leading to a very expensive build if done right.

I’m from Canada so we don’t ever go that fast but at highway speed 100kph it sits right around 2500rpm
5 speed/36.5"/5.38 = 2250rpm at 100kph (62.1mph).
5 speed/36.5"/5.38 = 2712rpm at 120kph (75mph).

5.38 still isn't low enough, imo.

With unlimited money, the best answer is to get a different set of axles bigger, stronger axles, swap to a gear lower than 5.38...
But along with 37s comes an array of other issues that have to be addressed, leading to a very expensive build if done right.
Oh I plan on getting bigger, stronger axles. But I am still in school but when I’m done I wanna one ton swap it

Oh I plan on getting bigger, stronger axles. But I am still in school but when I’m done I wanna one ton swap it
Hold off then. 37s will tear up the 44, even if you aren't offroading. And it would be a waste to regear these axles if you're getting rid of them in the near future.

You'll learn more about how to build that future Jeep if you build this one for 33s or 35s. If you do 1 ton axles, nothing on the current build will carry over.

Start by learning how to cycle the current axles and properly extend the bump stops. Then build in such a way as the maintain stock suspension travels as a minimum. This is easier said than done.

You'll learn more about how to build that future Jeep if you build this one for 33s or 35s. If you do 1 ton axles, nothing on the current build will carry over.

Start by learning how to cycle the current axles and properly extend the bump stops.[/

Start by learning how to cycle the current axles and properly extend the bump stops. Then build in such a way as the maintain stock suspension travels as a minimum. This is easier said than done.
thanks for the advise I honestly went with 37’s cause a buddy of mine said I wouldn’t lol looks like I jumped the gun on this one...