What band never fails to make you listen?

i will say i listen to country more often now, brother Osborne, Stapleton, Dierks Bently, come to mind as they have some of that classic rock vibe-Eagles, skynard, Black crows, Alabama southern rock sound i enjoy

I don't own much of it but when I travel it's usually not too hard to find a good country station. My intro to country was my first serious girlfriend who might have been George Strait's biggest fan. Listened to a lot of him and Garth Brooks during that period, and a lot of country from that era and it's still my favorite. I liked a lot of early Brad Paisley too, he can really shred on the guitar and I enjoy his sense of humor on stuff like The Cigar Song and I'm Gonna Miss Her. Haven't heard a whole lot that I like in the modern era, though Stapleton got me curious with the anthem at the super bowl and hopeful that maybe the genre hasn't been completely lost to the Luke Bryan and FL-GA Line ilk.

Old Lynyrd Skynyrd
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Queens of the Stone Age
Deftones
Foo Fighters
Tool

Pink Floyd is my going to sleep music. The album Wish You Were Here puts me out every time. 😌

I don't own much of it but when I travel it's usually not too hard to find a good country station. My intro to country was my first serious girlfriend who might have been George Strait's biggest fan. Listened to a lot of him and Garth Brooks during that period, and a lot of country from that era and it's still my favorite. I liked a lot of early Brad Paisley too, he can really shred on the guitar and I enjoy his sense of humor on stuff like The Cigar Song and I'm Gonna Miss Her. Haven't heard a whole lot that I like in the modern era, though Stapleton got me curious with the anthem at the super bowl and hopeful that maybe the genre hasn't been completely lost to the Luke Bryan and FL-GA Line ilk.

Brad Paisley doesnt seem to nearly get the credit as a guitar player. I'm sure some of you have seen this, but I recall thinking "What in the heck is Brad doing in this group"?!?! Game of Thrones Guitar Theme

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Haven't heard a whole lot that I like in the modern era, though Stapleton got me curious with the anthem at the super bowl and hopeful that maybe the genre hasn't been completely lost to the Luke Bryan and FL-GA Line ilk.

Stapelton's bluegrass band, The Steeldrivers are amazing. Him, Sturgill Simpson, and to a lesser extent Zach Bryan are basically the only country I listen to anymore.