What Brake Bleeders Are You Guys Using?

picturethis

Hey guys,,, This looks like a helpful site
Im replacing the lines on my TJ and need to do a bleed job . Im searching on Amazon and Harbor Freight for a power bleeder but would rather hear from you guys what works the best for a tj with rear drums

I still use the old fashioned 'grab a buddy's trick. Haven't needed to do work on a TJ, but some vehicles will let you open the bleeder and gravity flow the entire system. Just keep the master full and watch for clean fluid to reach the brake.

Reactions: tworley
I have speed bleeders on the Jeep and the Cutlass. No idea how I ever lived without them. Makes bleeding brakes and just changing the fluid a breeze. It's so easy I bleed them until the fluid looks clean probably every other year just as preventative maintenance. Not so crucial in our applications, but peace of mind vs effort required makes it worth it to me. In high performance applications where fluid boil is a concern, it's a much bigger concern.

I use the kind that pulls, not the push. It's a fluid extractor. I forget the brand. I also use it for transmission fluid changes and such for other cars.

Reactions: Goatman
I'm not sure what brand I bought. It wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive but I had some trouble getting it to actually suck the fluid out.

When my son got home from work I asked for some help. He asked why the heck did I spend money on something like that when all I had to do was put a couple feet of hose on a bleeder, run it straight up as possible, loosen the bleeder, and gently pump the brakes.

So I did that, mainly to prove him to be crazy, but it turns out it totally works. The weirdest part of that story is that my 22 yr old son told his 53 yr old father what he learned from some guy in his 70s.

I use the motive as well, I think I spent $135 for the kit with every adapter. It is a must for modern abs systems and to meet the warranty of every 2 year brake flush. Mercedes wants over $700 for their "B" service on the wife's C300 and it is nothing more than an oil change, 3 different air filters and a brake flush. You need the pressure bleeder to flush the modern system so it paid for itself several times over on the first service.

Reactions: Apparition
I bought the Motive. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to do the job. I came from the pump brake era. Never again. I’ve done the suction system on my motorcycles, this PowerBleeder is hands down the way to go.

F8B7D823-A112-48B5-B8F6-20C5A244A9EC.jpeg

I have the Motive with several different caps. What I like about it is the ability to do a pressure decay test as well as bleed your brakes. I install the cap on my brake fluid reservoir and pump it up to approx. 10 psi and let it sit for ten minutes or so. It gives you piece of mind that your system is tight.

Reactions: BlueChip