What brand of heater core should I go with?

Update, thebrassworks core is a beast, it is heavy, copper with brass connections. High temp painted. Fit was perfect and blows hot..slight smell for about a minute then gone...should last until we can no longer run combustion engines.. I highly recommend.
I saw from a couple others that the brass was awesome, but didn't blow as hot as the OEM core. So yours is hot? When my cheap one fails in a few years maybe I'll give Brassworks another look.

do a search on here, it seems i remember talk about one from performance radiator i think it was being a good alternative

I have a heater core from Performance Radiator in my '06 LJ. I chose it over the considerably more expensive Mopar unit based on the recommendation of my local radiator shop (one of the last old school radiator shops still in existence and favored by the hot rodders in my area.) When asked why he recommended them, his answer was that he warranties his work and isn't in the business of using shit parts so has has to do jobs twice, also that he uses a Performance Radiator heater core in his own TJ. Those were good enough reasons for me.

Its been three years and no issues so far. YMMV.

https://www.performanceradiator.com/

I have a heater core from Performance Radiator in my '06 LJ. I chose it over the considerably more expensive Mopar unit based on the recommendation of my local radiator shop (one of the last old school radiator shops still in existence and favored by the hot rodders in my area.) When asked why he recommended them, his answer was that he warranties his work and isn't in the business of using shit parts so has has to do jobs twice, also that he uses a Performance Radiator heater core in his own TJ. Those were good enough reasons for me.

knock on wood, if i ever need one thats the one i'm buying.....

I put a performance core in mine when i did the A/C core, with the top on it gets damn hot

The Performance Radiator heater core for the later year TJ's appears to be out of stock as on 17 September 2021, although a post in another thread states that the poster telephoned Performance Radiator who did have at least one available to ship.

Every business is suffering from Covid-related supply chain issues. The moral of this story is not to take "out of stock" on a webpage at face value and pick up the telephone to confirm.