What brand of tires should I go with?

RVAH-13

Supporting Member
I’m looking to replace 15 year old tires, more age than miles, and seeking input o Firestone, BFG, Goodyear, 33x12.50x15. I’m 78 years old so no hard off road rock, muddier type driving. Minnesota snow and light off road trails. Opinions???

I personally love BFGs. Their Mud Terrains are amazing, but for what you said your uses are, their All-Terrains (KO2's) would probably suit your needs best. Honestly any good quality All-Terrains would probably suit you well.

I personally love BFGs. Their Mud Terrains are amazing, but for what you said your uses are, their All-Terrains (KO2's) would probably suit your needs best. Honestly any good quality All-Terrains would probably suit you well.

Agreed with this, I'd likely recommend ATs for overall quality of life.

Some other brands of all Terrains to look at (unsure if they will have the sizes available you want, but worth checking) Falken Wildpeak AT3, Cooper Discoverer AT3, Toyo Open Country AT3. There are a lot of decent ones out there, but the listed 3 along with BFG KO2's would be my short list for starting your search.

I’m looking to replace 15 year old tires, more age than miles, and seeking input o Firestone, BFG, Goodyear, 33x12.50x15. I’m 78 years old so no hard off road rock, muddier type driving. Minnesota snow and light off road trails. Opinions???

‘Many really good tires out there. The Falken AT/3 is a great all terrain tire that is very highly rated for snow. I love mine. They are quiet & perform well on or off the road.

992F5C24-BF01-4B16-A1E9-07B85B984917.jpeg

A good AT tire rated well in the snow. KO2's, Falken Wildpeak come to mind. We have a set of Falken's on our Yukon. Nice tire.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I like the Kumho Road Venture. You may have a wait period with whatever you choose as a lot of 33’s seem
To be back ordered.
Might want to look at Tirerack.

Thanks to all of you for your input. As I live in the country, 1470 souls, tire shops, we have one, are limited so availability may dictate. 🫡

Also check out Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and 4wheel parts online. I've bought tires from all of these and they will have UPS or FedEx drop them at your house. Then it's a simple trip to the local tire shop to get them mounted.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I liked my 33x10.5 BF (left)

Will Tire Rack deliver to your local shop?

20180323_155636.jpg
G mud Terrains.

I love my KM3 mud terrains and they seems more like a hybrid than a true MT. Extremely quiet too.

View attachment 369578

The KM3 tread blocks are closer than most MT's, so they seem like a hybrid to me too. I am running a set now. I am interested to see how they do in the snow though. Next week we have our first snow forecast.

Reactions: Claybirdd
BFG KO2's or General Grabber ATX's
Just bought ATX's for my F250 (Nitto RidgeGrapplers weren't very impressive in the snow)
20220915_120324.jpg