What brand of winch should I get?

I fabed up a Receiver Mount, that way I can use it front and back
- I’ll post a pic once I’m back home

I welded a fish-plate on top of the bumper,then welded a receiver tube on top of it and that’s it
Please post a picture of your polished 8274 and possibly phone # of the guy who refurbishes them
I’ll be in Vancouver,last week of October ....
😊

@Blackjack is a warn expert, he works for 6 states. I used his article on how to upgrade to the industrial motor on my warn 8074, predecessor to the 8274 about 10 years ago, it is super fast and full power, the only thing faster is a gigglepin, which costs about as much as a used TJ.

https://gigglepin4x4.net/gigglepin-winches-22-c.aspthese winches use 2 motors...true competition winches, from their website: Now these world beating winches can offer speeds from 70ft per minute to 450ft per minute and from 3 ton to 14 ton of pulling power.

This old Warn M8000 has been around since the late 80's when it was on my Toyota P/U now it's on my son's YJ and still going strong.

Iphone6 262.JPG

fcd94c1f-6c6e-4606-a961-d7890184186f_zpsk0arwunh.JPG

IMG_2351.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: derekmac
I was eyeing a Champion brand winch, but I've never heard of them before. Anyone own or has owned a Champion winch?

Found me a good,used 8274, have to use it yet 😊View attachment 114827
Have you used that?! I'm genuinly not trying to be rude, but two things come to mind
1 - Air flow
2 - leverage on your front mounting bolts from it sitting so far from the frame

i have an h2o 8k. It works, never hasn't. i was 22 and poor at the time. if it ever fails, it'll be a warn that replaces it.

Have you used that?! I'm genuinly not trying to be rude, but two things come to mind
1 - Air flow
2 - leverage on your front mounting bolts from it sitting so far from the frame

i have an h2o 8k. It works, never hasn't. i was 22 and poor at the time. if it ever fails, it'll be a warn that replaces it.
Airflow is not an issue with any winch. Leverage is not an issue, the drum is at the same height. As far as the h2o remember the first rule of fight club.

Reactions: Vasq