What bumpers will fit with a Warn 8274 winch?

I think you are going to find very few that will mount a 8274. I built my own winch and am changing my mounting plate this summer to a different one. I
I'd find a bumper you like and then add a plate for you winch. I just got this one from TMR.

20200203_185911.jpg
20200203_185927.jpg
20200203_185943.jpg

https://www.tmrcustoms.com/collections/winch/products/warn-8274-universal-winch-mount
This is my bumper and when I started out building it I was going to use a low profile winch so I had to add the plate for the 8274.

IMG00398[1].jpg
IMG00408[1].jpg
IMG00418[1].jpg

Rock Hard 4x4 claims their Patriot series bumper will fit a Warn PowerPlant, which is even bigger than an 8274.

Here is the version with a 2" receiver:
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4011.htm
I only put a Zeon 12 on it, but it can obviously fit a much bigger winch.

Only downside to this bumper is that the steel version weighs about 70 lbs. They do offer an aluminum version, though it doesn't come with the receiver.

Let me know if you need some measurements.

After looking at the 8274 more,
The bumper does have a separate fairlead mount, so that may need to be ground off. Different holes may need to be drilled for the mount.

Last edited:
Hi guys
Just throwing in my 2 bits.
I welded a hitch receiver on my ARB bumper and custom built a base for my 8274.
i now have the option of installing the winch at the rear of the JEEP if needed
- I also welded another hitch tube underneath, just another “brain wave” of mine
Lol
- the 8274 is a heavy setup , that’s why I went this route.
It doesn’t look appealing having the winch sticking out way out there, but on the other hand I really don’t go wheeling lots ( not enough lol ) and manly store the winch in the garage

just saying

DETOUR

Rock Hard 4x4 claims their Patriot series bumper will fit a Warn PowerPlant, which is even bigger than an 8274.

Here is the version with a 2" receiver:
https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4011.htm
I only put a Zeon 12 on it, but it can obviously fit a much bigger winch.

Only downside to this bumper is that the steel version weighs about 70 lbs. They do offer an aluminum version, though it doesn't come with the receiver.

Let me know if you need some measurements.

After looking at the 8274 more,
The bumper does have a separate fairlead mount, so that may need to be ground off. Different holes may need to be drilled for the mount.

The power plant mounts with 4 bolts thru the bottom of winch where the 8274 mounts to the front of the winch which is why there are 4 holes in the mount plate I posted the pictures of. The fairlead mounts to the lower two holes and is part of the winch mounts. The issue is that most winch bumpers are made for the low profile style winch mounting system with the 4 bolts thru the bottom.

Here is GenRight's answer.

https://genright.com/products/genright-heavy-duty-8274-winch-mount.html
Barnes 4WD has an interesting mount

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Warn-8274-Dual-Pull-Winch-Plate_p_823.html
You could try to contact Hansen OffRoad and see if he would add a mounting plate?

http://www.hansonoffroad.com/products.php?cat=9

Reactions: Steel City 06
The power plant mounts with 4 bolts thru the bottom of winch where the 8274 mounts to the front of the winch which is why there are 4 holes in the mount plate I posted the pictures of. The fairlead mounts to the lower two holes and is part of the winch mounts. The issue is that most winch bumpers are made for the low profile style winch mounting system with the 4 bolts thru the bottom.
Yeah I realized I was wrong after I posted haha

Reactions: Wildman
Hi guys
- I also welded another hitch tube underneath, just another “brain wave” of mine
Lol
It doesn’t look appealing having the winch sticking out way out there, but on the other hand I really don’t go wheeling lots ( not enough lol ) and manly store the winch in the garage

just saying

DETOUR

B5F51D65-186C-4581-A60C-51FE9F2ACC54.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Had a buddy that did about the same thing with his 8274 and I would not want to be doing that now. My back likes me to not do much more than 22oz curls. He started with a single 2" receiver in the middle and then added 2 smaller ones on each side to stabilize it.

MVC-482F.JPG
MVC-488F.JPG

Reactions: DETOUR
Hi guys
Lol

just saying

DETOUR
Ditto here with 2” receiver front and rear with quick disconnect. I keep mine in the bed in the back. I have all the pieces to make a receiver in the bed when I get my welder out of storage. Nervous about rolling or crashing with a hundred lbs of winch laying in the back. It is tied down with the rear seat belts.

I just scored this one just now for $275 CAD. Pretty excited to tear into it. Going to polish it up and it’s going on the front of my brother’s Gladiator.

Dated December 15, 1978

View attachment 217864
These are super super fun to rebuild. At only 275 it will be totally worth putting a few bucks into new seals and anything it needs. Look into upgrading to the Albright contactor to replace the relays too.

I've got two I'm working on now. An older 2hp motor and one with the newer 4hp motor.

These are super super fun to rebuild. At only 275 it will be totally worth putting a few bucks into new seals and anything it needs. Look into upgrading to the Albright contactor to replace the relays too.

I've got two I'm working on now. An older 2hp motor and one with the newer 4hp motor.

Ya i already did one for my jeep, this will be my second. I used the albright contactor and upgraded to the 70865 motor on mine.

-Welded a section of heavy wall tubing onto my custom winch mount
- I was able to mount the winch in the receiver at the back with the square tube before, but now I have the option of rotating
Hi guys
Lol

just saying

DETOUR
- upgraded my removable 8274 with a section of heavy wall tubing onto my custom winch mount
- I was able to mount the winch in the receiver at the back with the square tube before, but now I have the option of rotating the entire setup In the front 180 degrees for highway travel, without lifting that heavy beast
16FAA311-706E-461B-9DF1-FCBA5FAE99BC.jpeg
DF352616-B550-4625-BEEC-BCE0221E0D84.jpeg
🥵😊