What can you see that went wrong in this video (trail accident)

Sucks we didn't get a chance to meet up later on, hope you guys had fun at the park.

Yeah, had a good time for sure, it's a great park. The worst part about the trip was that several 3's were washed out (we're guessing) and even the Sami couldn't get up them. We're a pretty capable group (yes, even the Gladiator), but when we can't do a 3 it usually means there are other factors. Anyway, a few of the trails on the back section of the park were inaccessible because we couldn't get up the entry climbs. Armadillo Pass, Desperado, and Wrangler Ridge specifically. There was a bunch of mud over there, for some reason that part of the park was wetter than the rest. We probably could've winched over but pulling rope on 5 vehicles with the rain coming didn't sound like fun.

The most fun I had was riding shotgun in the Sami down Puppy Licker. Looks like maybe you're supposed to go UP that trail, but down it was a blast. I didn't take my TJ down it, but the XJ in our group did it so I think I could do it. The issue is I care too much about my jeep.

How big of an a-hole do you have to be to piss off the people trying to extract your jeep from the woods? Especially when you clearly are out of your depth?

My friends would rather wheel than help people that are not willing to accept help as offered. There were a lot of people around and no one was calling the shots so they headed out. No big deal, they are not real sympathetic to rookies that are not willing to let them take charge and get things done.

But my favorite thing was the stupid razr that had to go up that hill the second you got her down, while we were still up there cleaning up. Like dude, you can see we're up here with bright yellow tow straps etc, maybe wait a minute?
Ugh...SxS driver's. Most of them are idiots. We were winching a guy up a hill that couldn't make a ledge. Like actively winching, guys standing around controller in hand. These douchebags in SxS coming rolling down the trail in the opposite direction, drive down the hill and past the still taught rope! I was blown away. How stupid can you be?

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueC
Yeah, had a good time for sure, it's a great park. The worst part about the trip was that several 3's were washed out (we're guessing) and even the Sami couldn't get up them. We're a pretty capable group (yes, even the Gladiator), but when we can't do a 3 it usually means there are other factors. Anyway, a few of the trails on the back section of the park were inaccessible because we couldn't get up the entry climbs. Armadillo Pass, Desperado, and Wrangler Ridge specifically. There was a bunch of mud over there, for some reason that part of the park was wetter than the rest. We probably could've winched over but pulling rope on 5 vehicles with the rain coming didn't sound like fun.

The most fun I had was riding shotgun in the Sami down Puppy Licker. Looks like maybe you're supposed to go UP that trail, but down it was a blast. I didn't take my TJ down it, but the XJ in our group did it so I think I could do it. The issue is I care too much about my jeep.

Yeah we had lots of weather recently and its super wet / muddy right now. Way better when its dry, but you roll the dice. I hate mud, and SMORR usually doesn't have to much of it with the hills it drains well. You guys ever go to Hot Springs AR? Its a good park too, we hit it a couple times a year.

Yeah, we've done Hot Springs several times. I have a place about 45 min away which makes for a much cheaper trip for us. Plus family in town if have any real trouble and need a trailer or something.

I think maybe I like SMORR better than Hot Springs, but they're both really great. We will definitely be back to SMORR. Would like to see it when it's green.

Ugh...SxS driver's. Most of them are idiots. We were wincing a guy up a hill that couldn't make a ledge. Like actively winching, guys standing around controller in hand. These douchebags in SxS coming rolling you the opposite direction, drive down the hill and past the still taught rope! I was blown away. How stupid can you be?
We watched a drunk muscled up guy backflip a SXS sending it up an undercut ledge there was no real way he could make in the dark while it was raining. His buddies rolled it over and he tried again. Second time it broke. This was Saturday night. Not all the SXS guys are like this, but the sheer number of idiots is truly amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC and hear
Yeah, we've done Hot Springs several times. I have a place about 45 min away which makes for a much cheaper trip for us. Plus family in town if have any real trouble and need a trailer or something.

I think maybe I like SMORR better than Hot Springs, but they're both really great. We will definitely be back to SMORR. Would like to see it when it's green.

Agree SMORR is better, new owners at Hot Springs and they are spending a lot of money on upgrades to infrastructure. Its a nice change or scenery for us. SMORR is 45 mins away for us, and Hots Springs is 4/5 hours. Lucky I live so close to a nice park.

We're about 90 minutes from Northwest OHV, which is fine...lots of mall crawlers earning their badges there, lol. It's fine for what it is, but Crossbar in Davis is about 1:45 from us and it is another great park. Not quite SMORR or HS, but definitely worth a visit. We also have Barnwell Mountain about 2hrs away. Only been there once, found it hard to navigate but we found some fun trails.

SMORR is 7hrs, and HS is 5hrs, Hidden Falls is 3.5hrs. We're in the center of a bunch of good stuff, but kinda far from any of it.

Reactions: AMS417
1) The driver isn't listening to the spotter
2) The spotter saying your alright right at the drop off
3) Spotter telling her to turn right
4) If the brakes were not working and you are starting to go downhill don't point the wheels downhill
5) Jumping out of an out of control jeep, huge risk where the jeep could have run her over.

Reactions: AMS417
We watched a drunk muscled up guy backflip a SXS sending it up an undercut ledge there was no real way he could make in the dark while it was raining. His buddies rolled it over and he tried again. Second time it broke. This was Saturday night. Not all the SXS guys are like this, but the sheer number of idiots is truly amazing.

We were at the end of the trail when a bunch of SXS came roaring up, all of them had been drinking and one driver tipped his SXS on its side while his passenger had had her arm out, needless to say she broke her arm. The driver was trying to calm her down, she was wailing in pain. One of their friends, drink in hand still, was laughing and kept saying "drink it off! You're fine!". :rolleyes:

4) If the brakes were not working and you are starting to go downhill don't point the wheels downhill
Err, what? The Jeep is designed to survive extremely high speed frontal impacts and almost zero speed rolls. I've always had in mind keep it going downhill at all costs, odds of going off the grand canyon movie style are pretty slim but rollover ejections are pretty common and always ugly.

Reactions: DrDmoney and RHanna
One other bit of irony on her front fender:

71AD1B2C-1212-4502-AB95-DFB1C4F1EEE9.jpeg

Err, what? The Jeep is designed to survive extremely high speed frontal impacts and almost zero speed rolls. I've always had in mind keep it going downhill at all costs, odds of going off the grand canyon movie style are pretty slim but rollover ejections are pretty common and always ugly.
More specifically, I mean when she first starting to roll after the ledge and she's yelling she doesn't have brakes. At that point she isn't moving much and she actually was ok until the spotter had her turn back downhill. 23 seconds into the video.

I didn't mean while it was out of control when she was jumping out.

Reactions: WSS
More specifically, I mean when she first starting to roll after the ledge and she's yelling she doesn't have brakes. At that point she isn't moving much and she actually was ok until the spotter had her turn back downhill. 23 seconds into the video.

I didn't mean while it was out of control when she was jumping out.
I get it, not a big deal. Generally always downhill even at the start for me. A simple rock and tuck and it's over in a bad way. I just would never tell anybody to pitch the Jeep sideways on a hill pretty much ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: lBasket