What causes the backflip rollover?

I don’t think this is mainly due to geometry issue, but the rear locker. It keeps pushing, and if you’re in an auto and don’t slip into neutral or a manual and don’t push the clutch you’ll keep going. Braking is a no no. Gassing it just exacerbated the problem. Going downhill is obvious. Getting sideways is dumb. Love how the dogs escape.
Correct. If the locker wasn't there, most of those guys wouldn't have gotten themselves into a position to back flip in the first place. They should remove the locker.

Correct. If the locker wasn't there, most of those guys wouldn't have gotten themselves into a position to back flip in the first place. They should remove the locker.
Or just learn to drive.

• Love
Reactions: RINC and ColoJeep
I mean I could be wrong, but I think the primary issue is the angle of the incline. I haven't seen too many Jeeps back flip on level ground. All jokes aside you can see in a lot of the instances they'll hit a bump then bounce while climbing with can lead to an accidental "romp" on the accelerator which then leads to the flop.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
Angle of the climb is of course a major component of a backward roll but a long arm's lower antisquat still makes it easier to happen.

My previous TJ had a long arm suspension and its front end got scary light much of the time during climbs. 😱

Reactions: Sancho
I think that as you start to move away from 100% anti squat in either direction you lose climbing ability, less than 100% looks scary. The black LJ was not helping himself with the heavy ass hardtop.

The #1 cause of all Jeep rollovers. 🤫
jeep hill climb.jpg