What color should I paint my wheels?

derekmac

TJ Addict
I quite like my current rims, but have never been able to find a matching spare, and I want something with less backspacing (current ones are 4.5").

I don't like black rims, so I'm trying to pick a color to paint them. Right now, the below is what I have in the garage.

• Gloss red
  • Gloss blue
  • Gloss white
  • Gloss yellow (really bright, lol)
  • OD green
  • Silver (same as current rims)
There was a silver JK around here that had red rims, and I liked the look of it. I like my current rims being silver, but not sure if the steelies would look good silver.

Current rims.

New rims.

I'm going to go with silver because I hate black wheels.

Anything else and it's going to look like some boy racer got ahold of your Jeep and mistook it for a Subaru ;)

My opinion of course, haha.

Are you painting the body too? I've always liked Desert Tan. Seems the monochrome Military colors work really well on a jeep (OD Green, FDE, etc)
Yep, that's the plan. I'm thinking late spring/early summer before it gets too hot and humid out. I agree, I really like Military colors on Jeeps.

Once the Jeep changes color I may like it more. For now I like the other wheels better. 😉

Reactions: derekmac
Once the Jeep changes color I may like it more. For now I like the other wheels better. 😉
I like the other wheels more too, lol. If I could have found a 5th, I probably would have kept them and just bought spacers to give me the clearance I needed/wanted. Oh well, I think it'll look good when the Jeep is finished (fingers crossed).

Reactions: JMT
I like the other wheels more too, lol. If I could have found a 5th, I probably would have kept them and just bought spacers to give me the clearance I needed/wanted. Oh well, I think it'll look good when the Jeep is finished (fingers crossed).
You’re making a big change. Going a whole new direction. Wheels are one thing, painting the Jeep is another. I’d be tempted to buy another Jeep that’s already more set up for that scheme. I’ve always thought a dark green Jeep with a black hardtop and all black accents looked very military’ish. Love that. A desert sand theme could work too with some Jeeps

You’re making a big change. Going a whole new direction. Wheels are one thing, painting the Jeep is another. I’d be tempted to buy another Jeep that’s already more set up for that scheme. I’ve always thought a dark green Jeep with a black hardtop and all black accents looked very military’ish. Love that. A desert sand theme could work too with some Jeeps
One good thing is, the paint's free (TX'd aircraft paint from work), and I'm doing it all myself, so the only cost is my time. I have OD green also, which I also thought about, until I had seen some desert tan Jeep pics, and I really liked them.

If I hate it, I have silver, black (gloss and flat), white, red, blue, OD green, brown, yellow and probably more colors home to chose from, lol.

This is kind of a 2 in 1 project. Refresh the look of the Jeep, and take care of some surface rust issues that are starting on it.

Reactions: JMT