What could have happened here: Weather or driver?

06TJ35's

TJ Addict
If I’m not mistaken that’s a Jeep that crashed into the big rig.
What’s at blame? Driver or weather?
My guess is the jeep driver tried to pass the car up ahead at the wrong time. Then again it was on a snowy turn so I might have oversteered but then again that will be on the driver going to fast or not braking right.
Sad day for the jeep.
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshh92879QCB5funAmLn

What do you mean weather? It is 100% the kid's fault. The road is not straight and curved to the left, if he slid from the icy road, he should slide to the right not left. If not texting, he slept, no doubt because I did not see him hit his brakes. I travel 1,200 miles one way going home almost twice a month. I have seen lot's of these near misses!

Last edited:
one person on the scene stated the Jeep was passing. Watching the video, I got the feeling he was not paying attention and swerved when he saw the car ahead.

Once again, the integrity of the TJ structure did its job of protecting the driver. But nothing can protect the lungs in a fire.

Reactions: PCO6
Had a serious scare yesterday, #1 son had a head on collision at 60 mph Monday night on a dark 2 lane country road. A 19 year old girl may have fallen asleep and crossed over just before the crest of a hill and my son was just cresting the hill in the other direction. He was able to veer slightly left at the last moment. Really pissed off as we just picked up this truck 4 weeks ago and the license plates only went on Monday afternoon.

wow he's a lucky lad ….. quick thinking saved him I think.....glad hes ok

wow he's a lucky lad ….. quick thinking saved him I think.....glad hes ok

He actually walked away without a scratch, sore as hell today and he's on crutches for the time being. The other driver got banged up pretty bad and is still in the hospital, broken legs, ribs and numerous gashes.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Had a serious scare yesterday, #1 son had a head on collision at 60 mph Monday night on a dark 2 lane country road. A 19 year old girl may have fallen asleep and crossed over just before the crest of a hill and my son was just cresting the hill in the other direction. He was able to veer slightly left at the last moment. Really pissed off as we just picked up this truck 4 weeks ago and the license plates only went on Monday afternoon.View attachment 75061
Really glad they're both okay (the other driver being alive makes her "okay", as I see it). That could have turned out very different...

... Watching the video, I got the feeling he was not paying attention and swerved when he saw the car ahead.

I agree. I think that the Jeep probably came up on the white car too fast, or at least faster than the Jeep driver was prepared for. It could be that the car was going too slow or that it slowed down as the truck approached. Lots of timid drivers dangerously do that. It's hard to tell but it looks like the car ahead might have tap his brakes (or at least his brake lights) as the Jeep came up on him. I "think" I see a flash of lights then no lights. Given a choice ... I would have rammed the car vs. swerving to the left (the right didn't look good either).

Last edited:
It looks like the Jeep ran right into where one of the diesel fuel tanks would be on some big rigs. That’s the only thing I can think of.
Yea, that's gotta be what happened. No way you'd get flames like that from the TJ since the tank is in the back. Either way, that was some straight-up Michael Bay level pyrotechnics. Glad no one lost their life in that wreck.

I'm sure there was no way a kid was texting or messing with a phone .

Aussie locker on ice?
I don't think so, but I've had an experience driving an SUV on ice. I got a flat tire, and didn't realize the spare was a size smaller. It was installed on the rear axle. While driving in 4 wheel on snowy roads, it was OK. As soon as I hit a dry section of road, it shot into the other lane. I stopped and swapped a front tire for rear. The steering wheel was not centered, but I could drive the vehicle safely.