TJ Fest 2021 Hats
Order your Jeep Wrangler TJ Fest 2021 hats today! Click here for ordering instructions.

What did you do to your LJ today?

Grenadiers

Drove mine for the first time three weeks. Had to wait till the salt and slush on the road dried out here in NW Wisconsin. We’re normally in Baja by now for the winter. But mother in-law is not doing well. Hope to leave soon, with the Jeep for the first time!! Trying to decide if I should bring along the soft top, but the jeep is a desirable target in Mexico as it is! I would also like to further adjust the caster after putting the new HP Currie axle up front last year. Close, but not perfect.

CD9DD4B4-31E4-4779-AC9F-DD7901BA3D76.jpeg

Bratch

Supporting Member
Drove tonight for the first time after installing the upgraded light harness. It does appear to have improved the lights. They seem more white and have better throw and spill. The wife noticed and commented as well.

Phillips Extreme Vision 130 60/55W in Cibbie lenses.

Joshuavolt

Got the new Mopar radiator in and heater core bypass complete for now. I go to start up the truck and let it idle for a few min and the radiator sounded like it was going to explode and the overflow was shaking from boiling coolant. Quickly shut it off and realized there was a big air pocket inside the bypass. I should’ve filled it up with coolant through that hose after I installed the new thermostat. Luckily the system took care of itself forced the air to the overflow and sucked up coolant that it needed. I go to start it up after it cools and battery’s dead 🤫. It was fersure time for a new one and looked to be the original battery. Went and got a new one from the dealership and the Jeep fired right up and is RUNNING GREAT!! thank you baby Jesus.

F3E25B10-3AA1-4300-9E4C-89DBFE7BF9A5.jpeg

100781F5-8C02-4329-BB16-CB591FF3A162.jpeg

F1EFDE97-1C41-4B3F-94D6-799787C92E2D.jpeg

96EC7C4A-AECD-47B8-9E46-3011AC2D4B6A.jpeg

Aviatortroy

TJ Enthusiast
Sit for long periods without driving? Lots of very short trips without sufficient time to burn condensation off? I lived in Florida and fought that battle, humidity down there is unreal!

Reactions: Hog

Neal

TJ Enthusiast
Installed my "Christmas present" today. Took about a half hour, most of which was removing and cutting holes in the windshield trim. The instructions had the measurements for locating the holes, but they weren't very precise. I had to enlarge the holes a bit to get the bars to fit, but it wasn't really a big deal. My old grab handles are now going into my daughter's JKU - if I clean them up a bit I might be able to pass them off as her Christmas present...

363.jpg
364.jpg
366.jpg
367.jpg

Chasitek

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Today I installed bluetooth control arms. They give my LJ great articulation. It’s almost as if I don’t have control arms😳 haha. In all seriousness though, I replaced the shitty RC control arm joints with Johnny joints. They feel great. I immediately noticed the difference. I only have RC control arms to begin with since I got all 8 for $100 bucks so i said fuck it.

9F23F829-6819-4316-9156-356B0CF44C1D.jpeg

BoldlyGoing

TJ Enthusiast
Got the rear wiper and defrost working on the top I picked up Saturday.

fixed the issue causing my drop-down tailgate to close crooked.

One of these days I need to fix the paint gaps from where the hinges were...

69A20AD1-5F58-45CF-8A53-16D3F9257228.jpeg

Reactions: Hog

BoldlyGoing

TJ Enthusiast
Radiator cracked at the top so I decided to clean the throttle body, put new spark plugs in, cleaned the battery terminals while doing 5 coolant flushes to get rid of existing coolant but had to bypass the heater core. I then ordered a new heater core because that was leaking out of the condensation line for the ac. I’m guessing the radiator cap failed and it built too much pressure. So to make a long day harder I go to put the new Mopar radiator in and they sent me the wrong one with zero oil cooler lines. Jeeps taking a little break for a couple more days :/

View attachment 206670

View attachment 206671
The heater core job is tedious, but not what I'd call difficult.

HIGHLY recommend getting a bunch of little ziplocks and labling where the fasteners come from. I didn't do this and spent way too much time trying to remember what went where.

Reactions: MountaineerTom

Joshuavolt

HIGHLY recommend getting a bunch of little ziplocks and labling where the fasteners come from. I didn't do this and spent way too much time trying to remember what went where.
Yeah that’s a good idea

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member

That is a good idea. I used blue painters tape on every connector I had to unhook. I labeled each side the same number so when I put it all back together I just connected 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etc.