TJ Fest 2021 Hats
Order your Jeep Wrangler TJ Fest 2021 hats today! Click here for ordering instructions.

What did you do to your LJ today?

Claytone

Thanks. The front was super easy, almost didn’t have to do any shim swapping.
The rear took forever, I had to have a buddy bring his extras in to get the right combination.
A 60 would be nice, what’s it going under?

NashvilleTJ

I miss the snow...
Supporting Member
Thanks. The front was super easy, almost didn’t have to do any shim swapping.
The rear took forever, I had to have a buddy bring his extras in to get the right combination.
A 60 would be nice, what’s it going under?
This thing...

EA50C6BC-E7C6-4371-BDAC-281CF4C1CA59.jpeg

Same old axle, just blew the ring and pinion, and the ARB.

Nightmare9

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Tried to track down my squeak today.
I went over to Rock Bottom in Riverside and we spent about an hour messing around.
Apparently, there was very little (if any) grease in some of the rear suspension joints. We filled those up. Nope
We disconnected the rear sway bar. Nope
I guess I will buy a couple of isolators and see if it is the srpings.

While we were there, I wanted to check out the bump stops. Looks like I could add a puck and/or better bump stop to the front. It is touching the top of the fender flare. And I have a rub mark about 1/4" into the flare.

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8636.jpg

IMG_8637.jpg

Reactions: DETOUR and Kiwi TJ

Kiwi TJ

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Tried to track down my squeak today.
I went over to Rock Bottom in Riverside and we spent about an hour messing around.
Apparently, there was very little (if any) grease in some of the rear suspension joints. We filled those up. Nope
We disconnected the rear sway bar. Nope
I guess I will buy a couple of isolators and see if it is the srpings.

While we were there, I wanted to check out the bump stops. Looks like I could add a puck and/or better bump stop to the front. It is touching the top of the fender flare. And I have a rub mark about 1/4" into the flare.

View attachment 212160

View attachment 212161

View attachment 212162
I have never seen one of those out here. Its like yoga for Jeeps ….and flex , now S-t-r-e-t-c-h !!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BlueChip and Hog

Fulton_Hogan

Supporting Member
I drained and filled the manual transmission (NSG370) and transfer (231) cases this afternoon. I don't think either had ever been done in my Jeep's 104,000+ miles. I'd not had any troubles shifting, but figured it was time. I also wanted a more little piece of mind knowing all the major fluids have been replaced since last March when I bought this Jeep.

The transmission's magnetic plug was fuzzy as expected; the transfer case had no shavings. Both fluids came out brown, no milkiness. Red Line MTL went into the transmission and the transfer was filled with Castrol ATF+4.

Test drive was good, shifting feels smoother, and the box sounded quieter, if that's possible. Transfer case worked like it's supposed to. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Reactions: isaac2098

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
I drained and filled the manual transmission (NSG370) and transfer (231) cases this afternoon. I don't think either had ever been done in my Jeep's 104,000+ miles. I'd not had any troubles shifting, but figured it was time. I also wanted a more little piece of mind knowing all the major fluids have been replaced since last March when I bought this Jeep.

The transmission's magnetic plug was fuzzy as expected; the transfer case had no shavings. Both fluids came out brown, no milkiness. Red Line MTL went into the transmission and the transfer was filled with Castrol ATF+4.

Test drive was good, shifting feels smoother, and the box sounded quieter, if that's possible. Transfer case worked like it's supposed to. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.
Glad you had a good experience with the Red Line. I have put it into two NSG370's that quickly developed hard 1-2 shifts.

DH-Jeep

Ordered new fuel pump assembly today for the Lj. Long overdue but she's been a faithful 2 crack starting Lj long enough. Pictures due to come once install starts.

Fulton_Hogan

Supporting Member
Glad you had a good experience with the Red Line. I have put it into two NSG370's that quickly developed hard 1-2 shifts.
Well, to be fair it was only about a 10-15 mile trip. How soon did you notice your hard shifting?
I was leery about using the MTL, but figured I can drain it and put MOPAR back in if it does begin acting up.

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
Well, to be fair it was only about a 10-15 mile trip. How soon did you notice your hard shifting?
I was leery about using the MTL, but figured I can drain it and put MOPAR back in if it does begin acting up.
Almost immediately but it has been pointed out that I am in a very small minority that was not happy with MTL. I hope it works for you. Mainly, shifts 1-2 were painfully slow and not smooth with the MTL

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan

Fulton_Hogan

Supporting Member
Almost immediately but it has been pointed out that I am in a very small minority that was not happy with MTL. I hope it works for you. Mainly, shifts 1-2 were painfully slow and not smooth with the MTL
I did not notice a problem right away, but will keep an eye out for it. Did you just go back to the Mopar fluid, and did that help?