TJ Fest 2021 Hats
Order your Jeep Wrangler TJ Fest 2021 hats today! Click here for ordering instructions.

What did you do to your LJ today?

Nightmare9

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did you apply for the Badge of Honor?
How bad was Heart Attack Hill? After watching the video of the lady losing control, I'm a little nervous.
I assume the squeeze wasn't an issue... But I may want to run it with the soft top or topless.

DoOver

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did you apply for the Badge of Honor?
How bad was Heart Attack Hill? After watching the video of the lady losing control, I'm a little nervous.
I assume the squeeze wasn't an issue... But I may want to run it with the soft top or topless.
No badge of honor.
Heart attack is appropriately named. I’m fortunate to have a well built rig. Went down the left (as viewed from the top) side. Back up the same side. Winched at the top because I was in a hurry. I can see how the lady lost control. It’s steep. You can loose it if you have the Incorrect gearing (mostly transfer case) to control the descent.
Squeeze is fine for TJ’s. Made it both directions without issue.

Nightmare9

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Busy Week.
I did the Bestop High Rock Bumper with Tire Carrier
1 (Medium).jpg

I installed the KC Hilites LED headlights. But I think I need to 'aim' them
LED (Small).jpg

And I found a killer deal on some Emerald Green Half doors :ROFLMAO:
IMG_8841.jpg

BlueChip

Replaced the Rancho 9000 with some 5000x, took the top and doors off and went for a ride!
Looking to add the same on my LJ. may be a dumb question, but which 5000's did you put on. Whats the compressed vs extended length.

(my “new to me” LJ has JUST new springs and 33's, so trying to figure out what i need to replace these Monroe shocks the previous owner put on)

1B6D5492-3DE5-4CA8-82AC-5F5CE11B528B.jpeg

65B843A2-C7E9-47DE-8FDF-39821333DAA9.jpeg

F7192A3B-E0A8-4ECE-9A08-8D621F5F58ED.jpeg

BE2E87BE-F177-4156-B34F-8285634ADF83.jpeg

1444938A-46D7-4363-8631-F8AB10C2EC8C.jpeg

Last edited:

bstrobel64

I like that snubber extension. Did you put a nutsert in there or something? I removed my mallet when I installed the new bumper.

View attachment 217759
There's a snubber there from the factory. Or at least on my 06 there is. My setup is honestly pretty hanky. It's just some 2.5" ish screws that fit into the factory holes and some nuts and washers to adjust to my liking. And they don't really land squarely on the tire since I'm running JT wheels and an adapter on the stock carrier so the tire sits up higher and cocks the snubbers sideways.

DoOver

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Same thing I do each winter while the Jeep hibernates- waffle between various upgrades and putting a for sale sign on it.
Glad to hear someone else does this. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve written the for sale ad! Seriously considering selling it now for something a little bigger but, I know I’ll end up with a project that will cause me to go over budget and be less capable than this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sea Cot

Tldelaney

TJ Enthusiast

Tldelaney

TJ Enthusiast
Jeep is from western South Carolina almost zero rust. Previous owner cleaned and painted most of the undercarriage. She’s gets fluid filmed this weekend.
Trying to keep this old girl minty.
I never used fluid film until Installed my savvy sliders raw (steel portion) and man that stuff is amazing. multiple rain falls, dirt and mud and they have been rust free for a month now.

BlueChip

I never used fluid film until Installed my savvy sliders raw (steel portion) and man that stuff is amazing. multiple rain falls, dirt and mud and they have been rust free for a month now.
I used it all over the place now. Boat, yard equipment, snow blower, Jeep. Kids bikes haha. It’s additive.

Reactions: Hog and Tldelaney

Mfpaul73

I am not the original owner but purchased the Jeep from the original guy when it had 8k miles on it. Yes they are original, everything was on the Jeep, hell even the manual was still wrapped up in plastic. The flares on my Jeep are painted and match the body color.

My LJ model is a Premium from the documentation I received with it. Two tone seats, center dash bezel is also silver while all else is black.

I took a quick measurement yesterday maybe 5” is extreme but they were 4.5” minimum. I’ll check again tomorrow.

Same for all models as in wider?
Do you happen to know the factory paint color for that dash bezel silver? I have the same premium package but PO replaced the center bezel with double din Stereo aftermarket. My gauge cluster is the premium silver but couldn't find a manufacturer sticker with the paint color info. Hoping to be able to repaint the center bezel to rematch with the stock silver color.

BlueChip

Did the plugs (ngk) oil (penzoil 10w30 Dino high mileage ) and filter (mopar) and checked the frame, touched up paint were needed, and a 5tire rotation.

also started to replace and the cracked looming all around the engine bay. This allowed me to inspect all the wires as I went. Although small and simple, a nice piece of mind. I’ll end up doing every inch. Will help keep things clean and prevent any chafing / heat issues.
5949BC49-DEB8-4C0B-8E9C-1D2052B07DAC.jpeg

Reactions: Hog

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
Did the plugs (ngk) oil (penzoil 10w30 Dino high mileage ) and filter (mopar) and checked the frame, touched up paint were needed, and a 5tire rotation.

also started to replace and the cracked looming all around the engine bay. This allowed me to inspect all the wires as I went. Although small and simple, a nice piece of mind. I’ll end up doing every inch. Will help keep things clean and prevent any chafing / heat issues.
View attachment 219312
Thats a pretty good idea. Mine was crumbling at the water temp sensor when I removed the thermostat housing.

Reactions: BlueChip