T-Shirts

Order your offical Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum t-shirt today!

Click here to order!

Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum T-Shirts

What did you do to your LJ today?

Sean OConnell

Drove her across the country Friday, almost. Atlanta to Colorado Springs in a day and a half.

9DED78D7-C53E-4492-A867-1D408305D8CE.jpeg

6212F3BD-E93F-45CA-90C0-E70478F6D8AE.jpeg

Black LJ

Just finishing up some mods I started in July, I have a reman 4.0 with less than 5k on it or so. I decided to put a comp cam in and Harlen Sharp rollers. Then I thought a AFE header would be nice. It has been a frustrating few months with the header leaking and on and off many times then finding this looking for the leak
IMG_6209.JPG
Thats the #6 tube hitting the intake. Took over 3 weeks to just get a rma#. Put old exhaust back on no leak.The rollers of course hit the oil baffle in the vc. Don't bother trying to clearance the oil baffle. I ended up removing the baffle and then sucked up oil in the intake.So I bought a Dorman vc, then a spacer from Cleggs which I could not get to seal no matter what. I then bought a Crown vc which is taller which works with rollers. The vc only has 2 baffles that are screwed in so I locktited them and opened the hold down holes to fit the oem grommets, but it seals as of now. I also am fighting a cold start up lifter noise now and have changed the lifters twice since cam install. Yesterday I changed the STP oil filter that was pushed as free to Mopar and I think that is fixed, so I would not put a STP oil filter on. Here is some pic's. LOL
IMG_6198.JPG
IMG_6247.JPG
IMG_6249.JPG
IMG_6248.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6249.JPG
    IMG_6249.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_6247.JPG
    IMG_6247.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_6198.JPG
    IMG_6198.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_6209.JPG
    IMG_6209.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 358

Black LJ

Went to troubleshoot what was leaking again with the rear main, for the fourth time in a year. I got the exhaust and oil pan off and had it narrowed down to the RR oil pan didn't have enough rtv in that corner to seal good. I went to clean the oil pan and found this. So I guess I will start pulling the engine and have a look see. I'm thinking it's the comp cam I recently put in didn't take the break in. The engine ran good and smooth with no misses or backfires. Can't wait till wifey gets home and tell her I'm pulling the engine now. :rolleyes:. Since I'm taking this apart anyone got a suggestion on a good cam that's nitrated.

IMG_6268.JPG
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6270.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG
IMG_6275.JPG
IMG_6278.JPG
IMG_6279.JPG

B00mb00m

Mr. Compromise
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
sorry for no sound, for some reason the device was connecting to bluetooth in the jeep and didn't pick up any sound.

All the IFS rigs (Land Cruiser 100's, Tacoma's, 4Runners, Nissan's, etc... had to take the over the rocks track due to lack of articulation. A blue Tacoma attempted the bonus line and ate a rear door when it slid off the rock into the ones on the side.

Taking the bonus line was fun vs up and over.

Geez that little rock was enough to take down the IFS guys?? The other line looked harder but I guess didn't require articulation.

csaxj3

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Geez that little rock was enough to take down the IFS guys?? The other line looked harder but I guess didn't require articulation.

As always video doesn’t show it but yes.

A triple locked 200 series and a few of the 100 series took the bonus line.

Going up and over is much quicker with the TJ/LJ wheelbase. It messed with all the tacomas and 4Runners though. I wanted to get flexy so took the bonus route.

Different / better view.

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
That box fits good. I need one, how did you secure it?
Thanks.

When the seat is out, which is 99% of the time, I sit it on some hockey pucks so it clears the seat tracks, use some J bolts for the front of the box hooked into the tie down points in the floor of the jeep and used a longer bolt for the back going into the seatbelt anchor point.

For the way it is in the pic behind the seat, I used the same holes in the tool box and just marked and drilled some holes in the floor. I used a nutsert for the rear hole but just tapped the front two and installed some short bolts.

Reactions: AMS417

wigsajumper

TJ Enthusiast
Installed the UCF Engine/Oil Pan guard that finally show up this week. Front drive shaft no longer is smacking the crossmember. Centered the steering wheel.

Took the LJ on a real test run now that the lift install in complete. Feels good up to 60/65 mph. Except for a fun death wobble that occurs over 45mph if I hit a bump straight on. Hopefully I can find time this week to double check torques and toe in. Hopefully that will find the issue. 60 hour week at work coming up due to $#(*&% Mandate and other CT techs being out due to CoVid.