T-Shirts

Order your offical Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum t-shirt today!

Click here to order!

Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum T-Shirts

What did you do to your LJ today?

Hog

Know it all...according to wife
Supporting Member
7CF695A8-1720-4AF4-9237-8F29B17CA579.jpeg

1st drive since I’ve basically rebuilt the front end, new tires. wheels.. Johnny joint( only half way done on those).. no rear steer and she drove great!.. at parts store getting more grease!!

Black LJ

Well got my motor apart after the metal in the oil pan and not sure what caused it. Here are some pic's. I would like recomend
ations on what all to do, since it's apart I'm thinking about turning it into a stroker. There is a groove in the crank where the rms wears
so maybe that's why it will not seal.

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6299.JPG

Fulton_Hogan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I filled an Blackstone oil analysis bottle with oil from last weekend's oil change. Never done that before, but I noticed glittery oil during the drain last week. I'm hoping the analysis helps focus me on where to look once I drop the pan. Also this weekend, I noticed a drip at the transmission/engine junction (my first); guess I'll be replacing the rear main seal (at a minimum) in the future.

Then I took the Jeep to the car wash for a quick spray cleaning. I needed to break a $10 for the car wash so I took the opportunity to get a Milky Way bar. Some days, it's the small things.

AMS417

"The Ayatollah of rock and rolla"
Supporting Member
Started ordering parts for the axles swap and stretch.

Barnes 14 Bolts Truss
Barnes 14 Bolt Pinon Guard and Bridge
Motobilt Dana 60 Diff Cover
Motobilt 14 Bolt Shave Cover (13 Bolt)

Would have grabbed more parts but I waited too long and stuff sold out.

Next is front truss and gears / lockers / master kits for both ends.

After that, all new brakes, u joints, maybe ball joints and some paint.

Building the axles over the winter. Big rebuild starts next fall.

Reactions: L J and NashvilleTJ

sourbluff

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
RK44-1
RK44-TJ-HD
D44RS-538RUB with install kit
Dana 44-538 with install kit

Shopped across various vendors and ordered more parts to regear and put the G2 front in. Received the gears in less than week. Just ordered the rest today, curious to see when get shipping confirmation.

Reactions: L J

Claytone

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I made them up myself with some used emergency vehicle lighting.
I’m thinking about making a couple if there’s some interest. Maybe $30 for a pair. I’ll have to gather some good bulb adapter sockets and make a template.

voodooridr

TJ Enthusiast
Drove over to lake Couer d Alene this morning to watch the Bald Eagles fish for their breakfast, then drove home backroads and ran across these guys
20211125_130011.jpg

20211125_130030.jpg

Also found a herd of turkeys, apparently they knew it was too late to cook them up for Thanksgiving dinner

Reactions: Black LJ

Black LJ

Drove over to lake Couer d Alene this morning to watch the Bald Eagles fish for their breakfast, then drove home backroads and ran across these guys
View attachment 292530
View attachment 292531

Also found a herd of turkeys, apparently they knew it was too late to cook them up for Thanksgiving dinner
Nice, Elk haven't been around my place lately and the Turkeys also thanks maybe the dog convincing the Turkeys to stay away.

Reactions: voodooridr

FlyingMuleRider

Supporting Member

Fortzen1305

It wasn't today but a few weeks ago I did the cooling system overhaul. Really happy with that. My LJ has had a good year so far. New BM pads, rotors, calipers, extended brake lines, ball joints, axle U joints, and the entire cooling system overhaul. I'm hoping for some snow here soon.

Reactions: L J

Claytone

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Could you expand on this mod w/ some details and descriptive photos.,it looks ver effective.
There’s not much to it, really.
The light mounts to the tin separating the housing.
Wire in a plug to adapt the new light.

D73FF00C-75BD-4395-BF69-7089C468B48E.jpeg

012CA274-3744-4B8E-9CCA-0EC424ABD35B.jpeg

I’ll flip mine so the LED pyramid has the 2 at the bottom and one on top. It may or may not make a difference, but makes the most sense just looking at the light.

I have some adapter sockets coming and will have a couple for sale soon.

MRChiefE7

Just ordered the UCF no body lift transfer case/engine skid plates from UCF, Advance Adapters slip yoke eliminator from Summit Racing and the SAAY cable shifter kit from Amazon. I will order the new drive shaft from Tom Woods after I have installed everything. One note about the SAAY off road shift cable is that I tried to order from them on the web site. After entering all of my information and hitting complete order the system just locks up. I have sent an email/called and text and NO reply from them after 3 days now. So, with that said I have ordered the shift cable from Amazon. I do not know why SAAY Off Road customer service is so poor.

Reactions: Irun