What did you do to your TJ today?

Recovered from a fuck-up.

I'm still messing with that darn hand throttle install - it turns out that things would be much easier if I used what's called a "bell crank lever" , which can be configured for a variety of situations:
457.jpg

So, I decided to anchor the thing with this handy-dandy tab with nutsert on the throttle bracket:
458.jpg

The nut was, of course, metric. I needed it to be 1/4-20. I went to simply run a tap through it as it was of a size that "I've done this before", so I didn't bother drilling it. Bad idea!
459.jpg

The tap busted off in the nut when it was good and in there. Couldn't get it out. Stupid me. It sat there for about a week while I noodled on it. Then I pulled the bracket out, and used a cutoff wheel to simply remove the clogged nut altogether:
45c.JPG

Then I drilled a 2nd hole "just in case", painted the whole thing, and re-installed:
45d.JPG

Now I'm back to where I was a week ago, and can turn my attention to the stackup for the bell crank lever.

I feel your pain @Zorba

So I was all about doing my shocks and tyre rotation today. Got it up on jackstands. Tyres off and layed on the ground in their new positions. Drat ! Rusted shock bolts. So penetrating oil for a couple days.
buttkicker001.jpg

The shock hardware was all mismatched. I found a thread on here about that. I'll get the right hardware instead of my usual half-assed wing it stuff I do.

my son left the dome light on and killed the battery. Today, I charged it and it worked fine, but I realized that the battery is 10 years old! It was a 24 group Autocraft marine battery.
When reading several threads about batteries on this forum, I was ready to buy a Diehard AGM. Unfortunately, I couldn’t quickly source a four post AGM, so I figured I would not stray too far from what had lasted more than 10 years, so I now have a Diehard Marine battery (with 800 CCA instead of the 500 I took out). At least I saved $100
180BF5E3-ADC6-44B8-B81C-79BE221B8117.jpeg
B21C4B4E-572B-46DA-A20F-B91738C2CDCD.jpeg
EA1EE53A-31DA-4451-82FC-7B2C75A498BC.png

my son left the dome light on and killed the battery. Today, I charged it and it worked fine, but I realized that the battery is 10 years old! It was a 24 group Autocraft marine battery.
When reading several threads about batteries on this forum, I was ready to buy a Diehard AGM. Unfortunately, I couldn’t quickly source a four post AGM, so I figured I would not stray too far from what had lasted more than 10 years, so I now have a Diehard Marine battery (with 800 CCA instead of the 500 I took out). At least I saved $100 View attachment 289512View attachment 289513View attachment 289514
Is there any disadvantage to using a marine battery?

Well got my motor apart after the metal in the oil pan and not sure what caused it. Here are some pic's. I would like recomend
ations on what all to do, since it's apart I'm thinking about turning it into a stroker. There is a groove in the crank where the rms wears
so maybe that's why it will not seal.

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6299.JPG

Finished the Savvy GTS install. And got rid of the ugly ass Mopar trailer hitch. Can’t believe how low the factory stuff sits.
View attachment 289490View attachment 289489
View attachment 289491View attachment 289492

Also painted the parts for good measure. Then I beat the crap out of the finish trying to mount it 😅 Oh well.
View attachment 289493
I have my TJ sitting with an empty gas tank for a few days now waiting for my skid to arrive. Any day now…I hope

Couldn't find the marine single-din deck that I wanted, so I went this route.

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

So far, it works well with the 5-channel amp/Polks/Kicker 6.75".

The amplifier allows the Polks to sound much richer than they did under 18-watt RMS deck power. This allows me to add more gain to the front speakers for improved balance and sound immersion.

Last edited: