What did you do to your TJ today?

I filled an Blackstone oil analysis bottle with oil from last weekend's oil change. Never done that before, but I noticed glittery oil during the drain last week. I'm hoping the analysis helps focus me on where to look once I drop the pan. Also this weekend, I noticed a drip at the transmission/engine junction (my first); guess I'll be replacing the rear main seal (at a minimum) in the future.

Then I took the Jeep to the car wash for a quick spray cleaning. I needed to break a $10 for the car wash so I took the opportunity to get a Milky Way bar. Some days, it's the small things.

After dragging my stock tow bar all over the Rockies, when I got home I ordered and installed a UCF aluminum bumper.

C3399954-5516-4465-87CB-41C277CB9389.jpeg

Did a seafoam spray into the air intake:
Sprayed almost a can of seafoam spray into air intake while my wife helped me to keep it at 1500RPM. Impoved the throttle response, and seems like the engine really liked it.

I did an engine flash:
Bought BG EPR, BG MOA and BG 44K. Brought the engine to 210F. Shut down the rig. Poured the BG 44K into the gas tank (on almost full tank).
Poured one can of BG EPR into the crankcase (4.0 engine). It mixes with the engine oil. Then ran at 1600RPM for like 10 minutes.
Drained the oil, replaced with new MOPAR oil filter, and then poured new oil. Added BG MOA into crankcase. The engine sounds better, less noise when it is cold. Hope it cleaned the gunk from the lifters.

Then replaced the IAC, as i was getting check engine light and trouble code P1294 - bought IAC from autozone. Removed the throttle body, cleaned it all over with throttle body cleaner, installed the new IAC, and now the idle seems very stable.

View attachment 291667

View attachment 291668

What is BG EPR, BG MOA and BG 44K?

What is BG EPR, BG MOA and BG 44K?
I m not getting paid by these guys, so this is not advertisement. See the link for all 3 combo:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S13RDT5/?tag=wranglerorg-20
My friend owns a mechanic shop, and he advised me to use these, to improve the engine operation. If you go to dealership (at least Honda here in Houston), they offer a service for engine oil, fuel system cleaning etc, with these 3 cans.
They use combo of these three cans:
BG 44K - it is fuel additive, for cleaning the fuel system. Add it into gas tank, when it is almost full. Drive some (so that the gas with additive starts reaching the engine).
Then there is work on engine oil:
BG EPR - after you followed the 44K instructions above, you add it into a crankcase (engine is shut, after driving, hot at 210F) before draining the old oil, start the engine, run the engine at 1500RPM at least for 10 minutes (must have the rpms, must start when hot otherwise might not work), and then do oil change (drain oil, remove old filter, install new filter add new oil). BG EPR will clean the gunk out of whole bunch of oil passages, lifters etc.
BG MOA - it is additive to motor oil. After you are done with BG EPR step (you have new filter and new oil), add it to crankcase. Helps oil to work better.

I did all 3 steps above, and i have engine responding much better, quieter, and most important the ticking that i had when the engine was cold (under 160F) is gone. I thought it is a snake oil, but friend convinced me to try and it worth it.

If you dont want to deal with changing oil yourself, you can do the 44K step yourself, then drive close to oil change place, pour there the EPR can into crankcase, run engine somewhere in parking lot for 10 minutes as described and then pull in for the oil change. The oil has to be drained like worst case after 30-45 minutes from the moment you have added the EPR. After you are home after oil change, you can pour the MOA into crankcase and you are done.

Last edited:
I m not getting paid by these guys, so this is not advertisement. See the link for all 3 combo:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S13RDT5/?tag=wranglerorg-20
My friend owns a mechanic shop, and he advised me to use these, to improve the engine operation. If you go to dealership (at least Honda here in Houston), they offer a service for engine oil, fuel system cleaning etc, with these 3 cans.
They use combo of these three cans:
BG 44K - it is fuel additive, for cleaning the fuel system. Add it into gas tank, when it is almost full. Drive some (so that the gas with additive starts reaching the engine).
Then there is work on engine oil:
BG EPR - after you followed the 44K instructions above, you add it into a crankcase (engine is shut, after driving, hot at 210F) before draining the old oil, start the engine, run the engine at 1500RPM at least for 10 minutes (must have the rpms, must start when hot otherwise might not work), and then do oil change (drain oil, remove old filter, install new filter add new oil). BG EPR will clean the gunk out of whole bunch of oil passages, lifters etc.
BG MOA - it is additive to motor oil. After you are done with BG EPR step (you have new filter and new oil), add it to crankcase. Helps oil to work better.

I did all 3 steps above, and i have engine responding much better, quieter, and most important the ticking that i had when the engine was cold (under 160F) is gone. I thought it is a snake oil, but friend convinced me to try and it worth it.

If you dont want to deal with changing oil yourself, you can do the 44K step yourself, add EPR into crancase, drive close to oil change place, pour there the EPR, run engine for 10 minutes as described and then pull in for the oil change. After you are home after oil change, you can pour the MOA into crankcase and you are done.
Ah, ok. I’ve never heard of those specific products.

Reactions: John Cooper
Dropped an engine off an engine stand. You know, because I have done this a 1000 times and I know what I am doing. :cool:

No harm no foul, just a PSA to be careful doing even the simple things.
200.gif

Did that once with a 390...bent flexplate was the only damage, well, bent flexplate and my pride.

Dropped an engine off an engine stand. You know, because I have done this a 1000 times and I know what I am doing. :cool:

One of the castors on my engine stand broke once. It tipped the stand and it almost fell to the ground. Luckily, I was quick and held it up until I could get a sling under the engine from my hoist.

Spinning the 4.0L on the engine stand a while back and got it off canter and almost had the stand fall on its side. And the dog was laying where the engine would have landed. :oops: Relived that scare too many times in my mind.

Spun it a dozen+ times before that moment...

A few days ago, when I was putting a temporary brake hose on my front, I couldn't get the male end of the line to spin out. I had to take the bolt out of the mount and spin the hose off the hardline, and back on. Is there a good way to free it up so I can bolt the mount back on correctly?