What did you do to your TJ today?

Unfamiliar gravel curve, disconnected sway bar, and tires at about 15psi equals sliding sideways hitting the ditch and rolling probably about 4 times. Neither me nor my cousin were wearing seatbelts and were ejected on about the first or second roll. Snapped both bones in my left arm and a couple lacerations on my head. So in my arm went to metal plates and 12 screws and my head got 12 staples(removed today). My cousin has a fractured L1 vertebrae and also a few cuts with stitches. So he has a back brace and had been walking with a walker but today started walkim a little bit without it(YAY!).TJ is obviously totalled.

But thank God. We have a lot to be thankful for also. Lots of accidents like this don't end up near as good.
Dammmmmmn you guys were very lucky indeed....So I guess your wearing seatbelts where ever your going now then ?

Reactions: TJ Starting
Dammmmmmn you guys were very lucky indeed....So I guess your wearing seatbelts where ever your going now then ?
Sure am. On another note I'm looking at maybe another TJ. I absolutely would love to and would never regret it but we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
Not quite Jeep related, but it’s where the Jeep resides and what tools get used to fix it up. DIY socket holder to keep the sockets from moving and their spot.

1E573885-C053-48E6-B539-C12F768E9910.jpeg

Oops! Thank you, that message didn't have a lot going for it. Edited it.
Much better...I thought something may have been knocked loose after the accident ;) Well you being in Texas is like shooting fish in a barrel, I would have thought they'd be plenty of TJ to choose from ???

Nice skid. Why is there only 1 bolt going into the frame on the bumper brace?
Easy answer f

HMM I don’t know but there is one just like it on the other side. I’ll have to have a talk with the installer about it I can I mean he can be a little shady some times!

• Haha
Much better...I thought something may have been knocked loose after the accident ;) Well you being in Texas is like shooting fish in a barrel, I would have thought they'd be plenty of TJ to choose from ???
Yeah it wouldn't be much of a problem finding another good one. Also the accident was on the last day we were planning on being in Colorado. Ended up staying a few more days in the hospital.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Spent some time with tech support at Banks and got my blow off valve working like it should be. Turbo is much more responsive. Good folks at Banks.

Unfamiliar gravel curve, disconnected sway bar, and tires at about 15psi equals sliding sideways hitting the ditch and rolling probably about 4 times. Neither me nor my cousin were wearing seatbelts and were ejected on about the first or second roll. Snapped both bones in my left arm and a couple lacerations on my head. So in my arm went to 2 metal plates and 12 screws and my head got 12 staples(removed today). My cousin has a fractured L1 vertebrae and also a few cuts with stitches. So he has a back brace and had been walking with a walker but today started walkim a little bit without it(YAY!).TJ is obviously totalled.

But thank God. We have a lot to be thankful for also. Lots of accidents like this don't end up near as good.
Somebody was watching over you two! Thank God you're (relatively) okay.

How has the turbo been for you? Any overheating issues with it on the trail?
No mechanical problems with it at all really. It just sits there quietly waiting for me to push on the throttle and then comes to life. Although, I use very little skinny pedal when I'm off roading so I don't think there is much of a load there. I do have the intercooler so before any air gets to my radiator it first has to get past the winch, then the turbo heat exchanger, then the AC condenser; I still run just a bit over 210 down here in the southwest.

No mechanical problems with it at all really. It just sits there quietly waiting for me to push on the throttle and then comes to life. Although, I use very little skinny pedal when I'm off roading so I don't think there is much of a load there. I do have the intercooler so before any air gets to my radiator it first has to get past the winch, then the turbo heat exchanger, then the AC condenser; I still run just a bit over 210 down here in the southwest.

That’s great to here, I am considering one for the future.